Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
One of the most unique security features we offer at Purism is our anti-interdiction service. This is a premium add-on service that aims to help you detect attempts to tamper with your hardware in shipment, so you can have peace of mind that the hardware you receive is the same as when it left our custody. While we mostly have discussed anti-interdiction in the context of laptops (and you can read more about anti-interdiction options for the Librem 14 here) many people don’t realize that we also offer anti-interdiction for our Librem 5 and Librem 5 USA phones.

What you might also not realize is that at the moment I still work with each anti-interdiction customer personally, to assess the threats they face and help them custom tailor which anti-interdiction measures are right for them. As part of our anti-interdiction questionnaire, I ask the customer to explain any particular threats they face so we can customize the process with those threats in mind. While at first you might assume only security professionals, journalists, or other people facing strong threats would choose anti-interdiction, we actually have customers from all walks of life. Customers range from people who face no particular threat, but just want extra peace of mind that their computer is starting out clean, to folks who want to make sure customs officials don’t tamper with their computers, all the way to people with strong threats against their hardware.

We are almost caught up with all Librem 5 USA orders, and a surprising percentage of those have added anti-interdiction, which means I’ve been extra busy. We haven’t devoted much time to talking about anti-interdiction on the Librem 5 USA, and because the process is a bit different to suit the phones, I thought this post would be a good opportunity to explain those differences and the overall anti-interdiction process on the Librem 5 USA.

markd

Jul 28, 2022
Do you take photos of the measures implemented on the device for reference? Also, are the SIM cards normally pre-installed on the device before shipping with the anti-interdiction service? I ask because I recently received my USA model with the anti interdiction service, as well as the Purism/ATT mobile service and the SIM card was already pre-installed within the device.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.