Advice Request Anti Malware Recommendation with KAV 2017

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokeyjoe

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Dec 25, 2016
Hi - I was using Zemana Anti Malware fine for several months but a recent update to the program is flagging it as unsafe by Kaspersky. I ended up uninstalling Zemana before I realized it was a false positive and I'm not sure if I was to reinstall it if I would have the same problem. I also was using a free 1 year license and I forget what that code was..

Anyway, any suggestions for another anti malware that works nicely with Kaspersky? Preferably free or with a deal going on.. I won't use MBAM 3.0.. tried it and nothing but issues.

Anyone have experience using VoodooShield along side Kaspersky? And do they play nice?

thanks,

D

Deleted member 178

KIS/KAV is solid already, adding anything (but maybe a 2nd OD scanner) is just redundant and resource wasting, if you don't trust it, don't use it.
A layered config isn't about adding the same kind of feature but adding a features that is missing in the main solution.

@smokeyjoe add Zemana AM free , you will be safe enough.

Yes! try SpyShelter Premium with Kaspersky!
And it is broken in Creator Update lol

Last edited by a moderator:

brod56

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
Zemana is absolutely harmless. If Kaspersky detects it, then it is a false positive.
I dont think neither Voodoshield nor Zemana would cause any conflicts with Kaspersky (TAM disabled).
Personally, I would just use Kaspersky+TAM though.
Zemana for on demand scans (realtime off), unless you are in a risky environment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.