Advice Request Antimalware program alongside Avira?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueblackwow65

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Dec 19, 2012
Hi what would be a good malware program alongside Avira pro?
I have 4 choices or you could offer your own. Hope this is placed in right area.

Malwarebytes
Hitman
Zemana
Reason Core
Other
Thks

Reactions: mal1

Rajat

Level 2
Verified
Oct 20, 2015
Hi what would be a good malware program alongside Avira pro?
I have 4 choices or you could offer your own. Hope this is placed in right area.

Malwarebytes
Hitman
Zemana
Reason Core
Other
Thks
*Antimalware Program
Malwarebytes Premium Version offers Realtime Protection thus if you are willing to pay for a Security Product alongside AV i would suggest Malwarebytes. Others are a on demand scanners. You can get some really good on demand scanners for free such as Norton Power Eraser, Comodo Cleaning esssentials or EEK. This is why i don't feel like Paying for an On-Demand scanner.

blueblackwow65

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Dec 19, 2012
*Antimalware Program
Malwarebytes Premium Version offers Realtime Protection thus if you are willing to pay for a Security Product alongside AV i would suggest Malwarebytes. Others are a on demand scanners. You can get some really good on demand scanners for free such as Norton Power Eraser, Comodo Cleaning esssentials or EEK. This is why i don't feel like Paying for an On-Demand scanner.

Thks for the reply the other 3 offer realtime also, reason core for 30 days, Zemana is for 90 days.Hitman I think is 30 days also.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
For protection capabilities from realtime then you may choose MBAM as companion alongside to Avira. *

The rest will be your on demand scanners.

* Take note that MBAM detection capabilities primarily focus on latest threats and concept is differ compare on traditional AV companies.

Reactions: Kuttz

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
I myself tried Avira Free with HMPA (trial) on my old laptop, so far no conflict or issue.

Reactions: Hangtooth
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.