Antivirus Live CD 20.0-0.99.2 Uses ClamAV 0.99.2 to Protect Your PC from Viruses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
http://linux.softpedia.com/blog/ant...-to-protect-your-pc-from-viruses-508627.shtml

Today, September 25, 2016, 4MLinux developer Zbigniew Konojacki informs Softpedia about the immediate availability for download of a new, updated version of his popular, independent, free, and open source Antivirus Live CD.

Based on the Beta version of the upcoming 4MLinux 20.0 operating system, today's Antivirus Live CD 20.0-0.99.2 release brings many updated components, as well as the latest virus signatures from the ClamAV (Clam AntiVirus) project. Version 0.99.2 of ClamAV is used in this updated version of Antivirus Live CD.

"Antivirus Live CD is an official 4MLinux fork including the ClamAV scanner. It's designed for users who need a lightweight live CD, which will help them to protect their computers against viruses," says Zbigniew Konojacki in today's announcement. "The latest version 20.0-0.99.2 is based on 4MLinux 20.0 and ClamAV 0.99.2."

That's right, you can use Antivirus Live CD to protect your PC from viruses, if they are recognized by the ClamAV virus scanner, of course. Best of all, Antivirus Live CD works independently of the computer operating system you have installed right now, GNU/Linux or Microsoft Windows.

The new version, Antivirus Live CD 20.0-0.99.2, can be downloaded right now via our website, where you'll find two ISO images. The smallest one contains no virus signatures, and it should be fetched by those who can't download the bigger ISO image, which includes all the latest virus signature database from the ClamAV project.

Antivirus Live CD 20.0-0.99.2 also includes various other useful command-line tools that will help you navigate the infected filesystems and remove the malware, such as the popular Midnight Commander file manager, as you can see from the screenshot attached below by the developer.

CtM9hFtXgAE_Qvc.jpg

Myriad

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
May 22, 2016
Clam AV? Well, as I think about it I know a lot of big name AVs have their Mac versions, but I can't remember them having something for Linux.

I've had ClamAV on my main Linux system for years , and also tried Bitdefender for Linux.
Neither seem to do anything , except giving FPs for Wine .

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Hopefully, this latest Clam version (as well as the distro it's been designed for) shall be a winner.:)
Clam AV? Well, as I think about it I know a lot of big name AVs have their Mac versions, but I can't remember them having something for Linux.
A couple years back, I'd looked for an AV for our lubuntu system. At the time, ESET had a version available for linux, but it didn't function; and because I'd considered linux not very vulnerable, hadn't given it much thought since ..until today!o_O :p

Thank you @exterminator20 for sharing this news of interest. I'll make use of the handy links provided in order to edify myself further!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.