Antivirus Rescue Disk

Will you use Antivirus Rescue Disk to rescue a computer which was infected by malware & ransonware?

• Yes

Votes: 8 88.9%
  • No

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

potinglin

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Sep 28, 2013
When the computer was infected with malware and it become unbootable or ransomware took the computer and lock it up? Will you use Antivirus Rescue Disk to rescue this computer? If yes, then tell which antivirus vender will you use rescue this computer and what is the price of this antivirus vender rescue disk which you have chosen. If no, what will you do to put this computer back to normal?

vrb93

Level 5
Verified
Jan 15, 2014
There are plenty of rescue disks offered for free by AV vendors, the most used and effective are Kaspersky, Bitdefender, DrWeb and Avira, that you can use to clean up a pc.
But in case of deep infection or heavy locked system i would suggest to not use any software if not under the advices of an expert in malware removal or following a specific guide. Always ask our expert malware removal members! ;)

M

MalwareT

Definetly yes, if i wanna use good rescue disc,i will use Dr.Web, Kaspersky,Avira.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Only is very rare situations that I have needed to use them cleaning up my custom systems. If system would not boot into Safe Mode for example. Most modern infections don't mess with Safe Mode.

If I can get into Safe Mode then I can easily remove most infections, if a system is severely infected I always backup user files and reinstall Windows it is much faster and cost the customers less money. Also the only sure way to make sure all traces are gone.

Enjoy!! :D

WinXPert

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jan 9, 2013
It depends, should I ran out of tricks up my sleeve, then I'll use it. But it's not bad having one around in case the need arises. :cool:

Reactions: Littlebits
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.