Not open for further replies.

Malware1

Level 76
Thread author
Sep 28, 2011
13565120143857.jpg

rescueb1.png

Remove ransomware

Your computer is locked up due to ransomware infection and it is even unable to boot into safe mode for necessary troubleshooting? Then you may need this rescue disk to save your OS from the evil claws of ransomware infection. Read more about ransomware infections below.

Ransomware-A Growing Menace

Ransomware is a growing menace facing worldwide computer users, especially in North America and Europe. Ransomware that locks a computer and uses law enforcement imagery to intimidate victims has spread from Eastern Europe to Western Europe, the United States, and Canada over the past year. This malware is highly profitable, with as many as 2.9 percent of compromised users paying out. An investigation into one of the smaller players in this scam identified 68,000 compromised computers in just one month, which could have resulted in victims being defrauded of up to $400,000 USD. And a conservative estimate is over $5 million dollars a year extorted from victims due to ransomware infections. However, the real number is likely much higher.
rescueb2.png

Most Spread Ransomware Threats

rescueb3.png

Reveton

A larger gang, using malware called Reveton, was detected attempting to infect 500,000 computers over a period of 18 days.

FBI Moneypak virus

This notorious scam illegally in name of FBI has derived to several variants including FBI Moneypak virus, FBI Online Agent virus, FBI Black Screen of Death Virus, FBI Ultimate Game Card virus, etc.
rescueb4.png

rescueb5.png

Metropolitan Police Ukash virus (PCeU ransomware)

This malware spreads in Europe, mainly in Britain. It is also called Police Central e-crime Unite virus PCeU virus and its ransomware family Urausy spread across whole European continent in different imageries and languages depending on the geographically infected area.

Operating Systems

Microsoft Windows XP (32-bit and 64-bit) with SP2/SP3 or Home/Professional/Media Center
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit) Starter/ Home Basic/Home
Premium/Professional/Ultimate

Hardware Requirements

USB Port or CD/DVD Drive
USB drive/ CD/DVD

File Information

Release date: Dec 26, 2012
Version: v1.0
File size: 106.8 M
Category: Malware Removal Tool
Price: Free

Free Download 

or

Alternative Free Download 

Source 

P

Plexx

Experience taught me to stay away from Anvisoft when it comes to security products.

Call me a coward but I ain't risking this on my system. I will however take my hat off for the user who will use this.

P

Plexx

rebel4life said:
ok if this is garbage then what is the best rescue cd to get

Pick a choice:
Dr Web Live CD (uses Linux Kernel 3.2 if memory serves me right)
Kaspersky Rescue Disk (Gentoo with KDE environment)
Comodo Rescue Disk(Unsure what distro is based)
Avira AntiVir Rescue System (Avira Antivir Rescue CD)
F-Secure Rescue CD (based on Knoppix)

Those of the top of my head.

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
The lack of space between FoundProblem and NoProblem is enough to make me not want to use it.

What I suggest for the advanced users who want to get the best out of boot CD's is to use SARDU which is completely free to create a multiple boot disc environment with multiple tools on it.

Screenshots below of the newest SARDU program. (Green boxes show what I use, The bigger the disc you use the more you can fit, Dual Layer 8.5GB+ does me excellent)

bY23y.png

UxN0s.png

a4hUM.png

JjzIj.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.