Fiery

Level 1
Jan 11, 2011
I'm surprised no one here plays LoL or they just don't want to admit it :p

P

Plexx

Fiery said:
I'm surprised no one here plays LoL or they just don't want to admit it :p

I actually played a bit but I rather watch than play. The amount of Heros just makes the learning curve rather huge for a new player (not in particular a newbie on DotA/MOBA style games).

I however still play SMITE and actually quite like their matchups and modes: Traditional MOBA Style, Conquest mode and Arena mode.

5 random gods unlocked to users who have not unlocked them yet + 5 default gods unlocked (Kali (Melee DPS/Jungler), Ymir (Melee Magical Tank), Son wonku (Melee Physical DPS) (might have spell it wrong), Ra (Magical Range DPS) and Artemis (Ranged physical DPS).

Currently 26 gods in game in Close Beta.

For those interested, you can watch this playlist which includes each god's gameplay and observations. Note that some abilities status have changed in recent patches. Other gameplay are on Force's video list (recent ones) that are not added to the playlist such as Guanyu gameplay, Ao Kuong gameplay (updated).

N

Nige_40

I've Nerve even heard of League of Legends, but I'll check out on what Bio Posted :)

Fiery

Level 1
Jan 11, 2011
That's true. The learning curve is pretty steep. I have been playing for 2 years and I'm still learning.

I have seen people played SMITE before, it looks very similar to LoL except the camera angle isn't birds eye view. I usually get dizzy when I play first person shooter or games like Smite so I don't play those games =/

P

Plexx

I believe Smite is the only one on a third person view as opposed to the traditional DotA/MOBA style camera angle.

Fiery, if you can head to youtube and check out the last 6 matches of IPL5 for LoL. Specially the finals. Awesome.

Smite learning curve is not as steep as LoL but it ain't easy either specially for ranged toons or ranged special abilities as you need to predict if the player will move in such direction.

I admit my best results toons are Ymir (magical melee tank) and Kali (pure physical DPS) but I have seen a Physical based Melee Tank Ymir kick butt, as well as a Kali with tons of defense items and ATK speed as opposed to full DPH.

One thing LoL has that Smite doesn't is the player account progression, although that at first glance is daunting to say the least.

Fiery

Level 1
Jan 11, 2011
Oh yes, I was watching the IPL5 finals. They were really good matches. It was one of my favorite tournaments of all time. I couldn't study for 3 days because of the matches.

The account progression is a nice feature but it takes a long time if you try to make another level 30 account. I'm in the process of making one but I keep losing to bots because my team isn't that good or they leave, sadly.

mercurial

Level 6
Thread author
Oct 3, 2012
Fiery said:
Oh yes, I was watching the IPL5 finals. They were really good matches. It was one of my favorite tournaments of all time. I couldn't study for 3 days because of the matches.

The account progression is a nice feature but it takes a long time if you try to make another level 30 account. I'm in the process of making one but I keep losing to bots because my team isn't that good or they leave, sadly.

oooo a fellow summoner!!! :D, which server are you playing on? and which team do you root for? That tourney was epic :D, especially the finals. Are you playing against easy bot or something else? You wont lose to easy bots even if 1 member afk's, though the intermediate is a a different story altogether!! Which type of hero style do you prefer i could advice you some hero's.

eXPerience

Level 1
Mar 7, 2011
I do play it from time to time, just standard games (not ranked). I used to be "not bad", but now i'm completely out of my league since the new patch.
ADC, my preferred type, is really hard to play now.

Fiery

Level 1
Jan 11, 2011
mercurial said:
oooo a fellow summoner!!! :D, which server are you playing on? and which team do you root for? That tourney was epic :D, especially the finals. Are you playing against easy bot or something else? You wont lose to easy bots even if 1 member afk's, though the intermediate is a a different story altogether!! Which type of hero style do you prefer i could advice you some hero's.

I'm on the NA server. You? I mainly play ADC(graves, tristana and caitlyn are my favourite) and jungle (I play almost all the junglers). Top is my worst nightmare. If I go top, my team loses 99.8% :p

eXPerience said:
I do play it from time to time, just standard games (not ranked). I used to be "not bad", but now i'm completely out of my league since the new patch.

The new patch is very confusing. It feels like it's a different game. Plus, black cleavers are extremely OP right now. AD/bruisers can do true damage by mid-game

mercurial

Level 6
Thread author
Oct 3, 2012
Fiery said:
I'm on the NA server. You? I mainly play ADC(graves, tristana and caitlyn are my favourite) and jungle (I play almost all the junglers). Top is my worst nightmare. If I go top, my team loses 99.8% :p

NA as well :D. I play all the roles for the most part though mostly ive been playing top solo or mid i prefer assassin types (AP champs), (i don't have much AD runes as of yet :( )
OH cait and graves i hate to be laned agains't them :|..im more of an aggressive player and they both have good run away moves :(

eXPerience said:

The new patch is very confusing. It feels like it's a different game. Plus, black cleavers are extremely OP right now. AD/bruisers can do true damage by mid-game
And yes the new stuff are a bit confusing, i am still getting used to it myself. Ya AD are kinna OP atm

eXPerience

Level 1
Mar 7, 2011
IMO Bruisers are totally OP, AP's are really strong and ADC are just so underpowered at the moment :(.

eXPerience

Level 1
Mar 7, 2011
I'm more of an ADC player btw.
What server are you on ?

I think almost all adc that were used to S2 are heaving a hard time adapting. I for one have no clue what to buy now :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.