AOMEI Backupper Professional - Thoughts?

Do you use ANOMI Backupper Professional?

• Total voters

Lightning_Brian

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017
Hello Everyone!

I have been a long time user of AOMEI Backupper Standard and I am thinking about upgrading to the lifetime version of AOMEI Backupper Professional. What are your thoughts about the professional version? Do you believe the software is worth it?

I have been debating this upgrade for a while now, but I wanted to gather the insight from the great MT community.

Links to what is different between AOMEI Backupper Standard vs Professional:

Upgrade Free AOMEI Backupper Standard to Professional Edition

A nice comparison chart can be found by scrolling down in this link:

Best Free Backup Software for Windows 10, Windows 8.1/8, Windows 7, Vista, XP

Thanks,

Lightning_Brian

FrFc1908

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
Aomei is a great program to have , nice and easy understandable gui and it does what it needs to do! the free version is perfectly fine , but it is nice to support a a company and pay for license and upgrade.

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
I think it's worth it. AOMEI Backupper is one of the recommended backup software here. :)

But, personally, I would go for Macrium Reflect Home. :)

Peter2150

Level 7
Verified
Oct 24, 2015
I have a lifetime license, but don't currently use it. Aomie is reliable and easy to use, but very slow compared to Macrium and IFW.

Plebman123

Level 2
Verified
Aug 30, 2017
I personally used it sometimes, but i do not no longer, since it wasn't my style
BUT, i'd still highly recommend it due it being easy to use and easy to figure out, but most importantly it works
It has some problems being a Chinese Company with the language problem *Support and Forum, Not Program*
It has some problems in the program but they are not the kind of problems to make the program not work at all :cool:

FrFc1908

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
I think it's worth it. AOMEI Backupper is one of the recommended backup software here. :)

i forgot to mention that I prefer macrium over aomei also ;)

Reactions: XhenEd

Lightning_Brian

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017
Hello Everyone,

From what I gather most of you are suggesting to perhaps stay with the free version as the free version gets the job done well - correct?

Macrium is a great product! @Trickster do you use the free version or the home version?

I have used Acronis True Image for a long time along with Clonezilla. I use the complex features of both of these programs. ANOMI is very simple to use. ANOMI is so simple a person with some experience working on a computer can work this software.

Thanks for your insights everyone!

Sincerely,

Lightning_Brian

Reactions: Sunshine-boy

FrFc1908

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
@Lightning_Brian : I use the free version. In all fairness : I find the license for the home version a bit pricy. maybe MT will do a giveway for this again soon :)

dinosaur07

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 5, 2012
Usually, they are giving away licenses for the Professional version so you should wait for that moment again.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
It's a very good product, but it depends if you need any of the extra features that are not available in the free version.

It works very well for me. Recently, I purchased a new computer and transferred the SSD from my old computer into it. This resulted in blue screens every time I booted, instead of Windows installing drivers for the new hardware like it should. I was able to get the SSD to boot in my new computer by doing a backup with AOMEI and then doing a restore to dissimilar hardware using a bootable recovery flash drive I made with AOMEI. I treid various other options first, but none of them worked.

Reactions: Handsome Recluse

eXDj

Level 12
Verified
Aug 2, 2015
It's a very good product, but it depends if you need any of the extra features that are not available in the free version.

It works very well for me. Recently, I purchased a new computer and transferred the SSD from my old computer into it. This resulted in blue screens every time I booted, instead of Windows installing drivers for the new hardware like it should. I was able to get the SSD to boot in my new computer by doing a backup with AOMEI and then doing a restore to dissimilar hardware using a bootable recovery flash drive I made with AOMEI. I treid various other options first, but none of them worked.
With Pro version ?

eXDj

Level 12
Verified
Aug 2, 2015

Yes but cost is €62.95 :(
Aomei cost is 50 $ i wait a new giveaway or discount offer but 70-80 % maybe is black friday ,i wait to see.

Reactions: XhenEd

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.