Status
Not open for further replies.

blueblackwow65

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Dec 19, 2012
Hi I have to restore my pc with Aomei I have a full backup with 4 incremental backups,do i just choose the last incremental to restore my pc? Or choose the fullbackup plus the last incremental? Thks

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
If you do have a full backup, restore that first, then each of the incrementals in chronological order up until the current date. For each restore job overwrite the existing files, so you end up with the latest version of each file.

Reactions: frogboy

blueblackwow65

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Dec 19, 2012
ok thks I did the last incremental only,because it was from yesterday the full backup is a mth old

Peter2150

Level 7
Verified
Oct 24, 2015
Just noticed this thread and I see a lot of misconceptions here. If you have a full and 5 incrementals and you chose the last incrermental what any imaging software does is first restore the full, and then steps thru each incremental updating to that point in time until it has gone thru all 5. There is no need to do each incremental separately, that would be a huge waste of time

Reactions: DeepWeb and askmark
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.