Serious Discussion AOMEI Update Thread

DDE_Server

Level 22
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
I got a license to Aomei again, and since so many prices this program so high, I thought, let me try again.

I often back up, maybe every day, and Aomei had no problem with that. But I just as often put the image back after testing something, and then it did not take long before an image did not work. I do not want this, and went back to an image where Macrium is located. I have again never experienced this with Macrium Reflect, and will hardly test anything else as long as this program works 100%. It is not enough to see that you can create an image, but you must also test whether you can put it back or not. ;)
Did you check Backup Integrity after taking the backup image ?? There is a feature allow you to check the backup image. if yes as the result fine for the backup image which failed to be restored :unsure::unsure:??

franz

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
May 29, 2021
Did you check Backup Integrity after taking the backup image ?? There is a feature allow you to check the backup image. if yes as the result fine for the backup image which failed to be restored :unsure::unsure:??
This is actually one thing I don't like when I have to check every image if it is working, that means this is not a program for me. I never done this with Reflect, and it have never failed me. That is why I won't use Aomei again. I have tried EasUS to and with the same result :(

DDE_Server

Level 22
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
This is actually one thing I don't like, when I have to check every image if it is working, that means this is not a program for me. I never done this with Reflect, and it have never failed me. That is why I won't use Aomei again. I have tried EasUS to, with the same result :(
Try to check this image with this option if result fails then may something interfered with backup processing caused the backup image to fail and not successfully created so it is failed during restoration

franz

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
May 29, 2021
Try to check this image with this option if result fails then may something interfered with backup processing caused the backup image to fail and not successfully created so it is failed during restoration
If this happen after one install, I would think as you, but I have installed an older image, and installed the program again and again, and even a never version. Sooner or later, it happen again, and I would not waste my time any more.

franz

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
May 29, 2021
It seems to me it messes the Windows boot up sometimes - The odd time its happed to me I've run the restore again & it's OK, quite rare to have this issue now - I prefer it to Macrium.
I don't. I sometimes clone the disc to another disc that I want to use in my machine, and when it don't boot, it is not a program that work's for me. Never happen with Macrium, it's like Duracell, it runs and runs. ;):)

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014

AOMEI Backupper Changelog​

Version 6.9.2 (Released May 18, 2022)

1. Added more freewares in "Free Tools": iPhone backup & transfer tools, remote desktop software and data recovery software.
2. Fixed some known bugs.

Sorrento

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Dec 7, 2021
It seems to me it messes the Windows boot up sometimes - The odd time its happed to me I've run the restore again & it's OK, quite rare to have this issue now - I prefer it to Macrium.
After having several restores where I get a blue screen informing me a device is missing (I did a clean install with the same issue) I have admitted defeat and now using Macrium, I'm not sure what's wrong with AOMEI & it has a lot to like about it but when you cant rely on a restore it's time to move on, or at least explore other options - If others have a similar issue I'd be interested. One thing I did find looking on my partition manager was many replicated small partitions - I know this happens but I'm going to use Macrium for a while and see what occurs - Thanks

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014

AOMEI Backupper Changelog​

Version 7.0.0 (Released Oct 13, 2022)

1.Added "AOMEI Cloud": Backup files to reliable and secure cloud storage to add an extra layer of data protection and follow 3-2-1 backup rule.
2. Fixed issue: Failed to sync files larger than 4GB to ReFS partition.
3. Fixed issue: Failed to import image files when the task name already exists.
4. 4.Fixed issue: The interface of editing disk backup task displayed wrong disk used space.

Stopspying

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 21, 2018
I think AOMEI started offering this for free regularly during the pandemic, rather like a lot of AV companies did with their products. I think that the fact that they are still doing this is worthy of praise, its a fairly easy to use backup software that hopefully will protect a lot of people's precious data from ransom attacks etc. I knock a lot of companies when things go wrong, but I also try to praise those that do good things.

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Version 7.1.1 (Released November 21, 2022)
  • Fixed issue: Failed to create bootable media in some environments.
  • Fixed issue: After cloning system/system disk using SATA interface to a disk using M.2 interface, the target system boots into a blue screen.
  • Fixed issue: The system fails to boot after restoring to the original disk in some environments.
  • Fixed issue: In some environments, BSoD occurred when Windows boots from the cloned system disk or partition.

Download Standard Edition v7.1.1 (For Free Users)

Download Advanced Edition v7.1.1 (For Paid Users)

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Version 7.2.0 (Released February 24, 2023)
  • Added "Microsoft Outlook Backup": Automatically backup all of your emails, contacts, notes, calendars, and tasks in Outlook to a local, external, or network drive. Support Gmail, Hotmail, and any other email accounts added into Outlook.
  • Optimized the user interaction of backup images import.

Download Standard Edition v7.2.0 (For Free Users)

Download Standard Edition v7.2.0 (For Free Users)

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Version 7.2.1 (Apr 20, 2023)
  • Fixed issue: program crashes due to NAS password is too long.
  • Fixed issue: the target location is empty after Mirror Sync operation in some environment.
  • Fixed issue: the Backup Scheme feature does not working in some environment.
  • Fixed issue: automatically generate a rgw.anw.xwa.nys.ys file after backing up to NAS.
  • Fixed issue: the backup image split into 8M in size when backup to NAS.
  • Fixed issue: the error code 6 occurs when cloning MBR disk to MBR disk.
  • Fixed issue: Windows startup menu appears blank after system restoring.
  • Fixed issue: the computer goes to sleep or hibernates when wiping the hard drive.
  • Fixed issue: in some environment, the data on source disk have been mistaken deleted when cloning disk under WinPE.

Download Standard Edition (For Free Users)

Download Advanced Edition (For Paid Users)

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
July 21, 2023 - Version 7.3.0
  • Added "Email Backup": Automatically backup entire email accounts or only selected email folders to to a local, external, or network drive in case of original emails are destroyed or deleted. Supports Gmail, Outlook Mail, Yahoo! Mail, Hotmail, iCloud Mail, Zoho Mail, HushMail, GMX Mail, etc.

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.