Appguard keeps reverting to Allow Install

Status
Not open for further replies.

bastion

Thread author
Jul 13, 2016
Hi guys,

New to AppGuard, still learning the ropes.
When i restart my PC, just wondering why AppGuard keeps reverting back to "Allow Installs", even though I keep it on "Protected"(green) before I shutdown/restart, so far the only workaround for this is to set "Suspension Timeout" to 1 minute and it'll revert back to normal, seems a bit insecure since malware would load before AG has a chance to change back to "Protected"

Also the "slider" mechanism seems buggy too, i slide to "Allow Installs" then uncheck "Automatically resume protected level after xx", it goes to "Protected" for about 2 seconds, then bugs out back to "Allow Installs" 2 seconds after that.

using verion 5.2.9.1, Windows 10

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 178

Hi guys,

New to AppGuard, still learning the ropes.
When i restart my PC, just wondering why AppGuard keeps reverting back to "Allow Installs", even though I keep it on "Protected"(green) before I shutdown/restart, so far the only workaround for this is to set "Suspension Timeout" to 1 minute and it'll revert back to normal, seems a bit insecure since malware would load before AG has a chance to change back to "Protected"

Indeed , seems a bug. And what if you set it on Lockdown Mode before restart.

Also the "slider" mechanism seems buggy too, i slide to "Allow Installs" then uncheck "Automatically resume protected level after xx", it goes to "Protected" for about 2 seconds, then bugs out back to "Allow Installs" 2 seconds after that.

This behavior was always present, nothing to worry about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.