Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011

BBC NEWS said:
Apple has unveiled a taller, 4G-enabled iPhone at an event in San Francisco.

The device's new size allows it to display an extra row of app icons on its home screen.

The firm said it was 18% thinner and 20% lighter than the iPhone 4S. The screen measures 4in (10.2cm) which is still smaller than rival devices from Samsung, Nokia, Motorola and HTC.

It said it would be available on 4G via Everything Everywhere (EE) in the UK.

The news is likely to give the network operator - which runs the local Orange and T-Mobile services - an advantage against its rivals which will not launch the higher-speed data service until 2013.

Read more: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-19572820

Last edited:
P

Plexx

After the recent events where the name Apple has been involved, I highly doubt the sales will go sky high.

That and one more thing: When 4S was released, battery issues were visible straight away. Hope Apple learnt from the 4S launch fiasco, despite sales going sky high on first few days of 4S launch.

No point in sales going high if there are visible problems.

Problems = unhappy customers
Unhappy customers = losses

Oh and theres not much visual difference from 4/4S.

I rather stick to an older Sony Xperia Arc S or even Motorolla than paying an overpriced price for a phone that never drops price and has customization limited. That and their famous iOS games which are on a PAY to Play model.... Pass.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
Still using Samsung products in their devices (retina display)? That is really confusing me. :huh:
http://www.gsmarena.com/apple_cutting_back_chips_orders_from_samsung_aims_independence-news-4775.php

Maybe it is only limited to chip orders.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Here is the official video presentation of the iPhone 5.

Last edited:

3link9

Level 5
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
Um.... really apple? Bigger screen and more room for icons? That all you can change?

Yeah....I'll stick with the Samsung Galaxy SIII or the Samsung ATIV S when it comes out.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I got a leaked copy of the iPhone 6, I'll show you tomorrow when it's daylight and I'll share the specs too.

Nathan Wootton

Level 1
May 25, 2011
Wow would you look at the difference between the 4s and the 5 so so so so many changes i can hardly recognize it!? wow, are you sure this is the iphone 5 lmao! (sarcasm) apple you fail! i was hoping to see at least a new design!

samit

Level 12
Verified
Nov 4, 2011
iPhone 5 vs iPhone 4S vs iPhone 4 comparison:
wow...so many changes :D
357721-iphone-5-vs-4s-vs-4.jpg

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
iPhone 5 hands-on: Maps, screen and camera review

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 178

Biozfear said:
After the recent events where the name Apple has been involved, I highly doubt the sales will go sky high.

That and one more thing: When 4S was released, battery issues were visible straight away. Hope Apple learnt from the 4S launch fiasco, despite sales going sky high on first few days of 4S launch.

No point in sales going high if there are visible problems.

Problems = unhappy customers
Unhappy customers = losses

You forgot one things : Most Apple customers (Iphone/Ipad users) are just "Fashion Sheeps" , they will buy it just to show off it to their friends so they can say " i have the new Iphone, im so cool"

I remember when i bought a fake Iphone 4, some people just become friendlier to me until i tell them it was a fake :lolz:

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
I guess that Apple didn't went for a radical change......From my point of view the iPhone 5 ,is basically just a face lift for the 4S and I wouldn't buy this over priced phone even if it were the last on Earth!:)
The guys who will buy an iPhone are here: http://thedroidguy.com/2012/09/iphone-5-and-iphone-4s-consumers-dont-know-the-difference-according-to-jimmy-kimmel/ . For the rest of us a Nokia Lumia 920 or HTC One X are a better choice.
[video=youtube]ww.youtube.com/watch?v=rdIWKytq_q4[/video]

Z

ZeroDay

I purchased a Samsung galaxy s3 on Wednesday and I'm very happy with it, The Iphone 5 can't do anything my s3 can't do :)

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
ZeroDay said:
I purchased a Samsung galaxy s3 on Wednesday and I'm very happy with it, The Iphone 5 can't do anything my s3 can't do :)

That would have to be the next phone that I'm going to get, well it's either that or a HTC One S.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.