Aries91 Configuration (updated october 2016)

Last updated
Dec 31, 1969
Windows Edition
Pro
User Access Control
Always notify
Real-time security
Emsisoft Internet Security 11, hitman pro alert. voodooshield free
Firewall security
Periodic malware scanners
Malwarebytes antimalware,hitman pro, windows defender limited periodic scanning
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Chrome stable,HTTPS everywhere,onetab,bitdefender trafficlight,download accelerator plus
Maintenance tools
click and clean,ccleaner,wise portable
File and Photo backup
File History in Windows
System recovery
Windows Default

jasonX

Level 9
Apr 13, 2012
Nice config. Personally I'd remove SASPy Free(Superantispyware).. you have MBAM free and HitmanPro. Both can do the job well. No need for SASpy. On the adblocker just use one of your choice as it may affect browsing speed. Just my two cents :)

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Thank you for sharing your configuration which I like for similar & positive reasons as the tips our fellow members/friends have given, and sharing some favorite apps & extensions that have been tried and personally proven through testing themselves.;) Deciding which adblocker or which sandboxing program you prefer is always better when seeing and trying them for yourself. I use each of the blockers mentioned (respectively) and they all do the job quite well, though in slightly different ways ultimately to the same end!:) I recommend Sandboxie, but am using Comodo's sandbox for the very first time today!:):)
*Update: If you remove Comodo Firewall, and need a sandboxing program:
One of our household's favorite, and most widely used free extensions is a password manager called LastPass. It utilizes the same encryption security used by the military. You can read more at the developer's site.
(For added privacy in Chrome..) Adjust cookie and site data permissions
  1. Click the Chrome menu
    IB7eZ2ht1pEixChJA4xp6iejr1xw3rXY_yJNeHgHajBRTzLB0ldIpEFje8gyeB4ydp6xpQpJ=w18-h18
    on the browser toolbar.
  2. Select Settings.
  3. Scroll to the bottom, & click Show advanced settings.
  4. In the "Privacy" section, click the Content settings button.
  • Check the box "Block third party cookies & site date"
  • Mark the circle "Keep site date only until you close your browser"
Thanks for reading all this!:D

Last edited:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Good to know that someone use Gdata besides of a bit large file size installer ;)

In my view you don't need Bitdefender Trafficlight as your web shield AV will provide detection.

And for backup you may expand through cloud by just uploading none sensitive files.

aries91

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Apr 20, 2015
Thank you for sharing your configuration which I like for similar & positive reasons as the tips our fellow members/friends have given, and sharing some favorite apps & extensions that have been tried and personally proven through testing themselves.;) Deciding which adblocker or which sandboxing program you prefer is always better when seeing and trying them for yourself. I use each of the blockers mentioned (respectively) and they all do the job quite well, though in slightly different ways ultimately to the same end!:) I recommend Sandboxie, but am using Comodo's sandbox for the very first time today!:):)
*Update: If you remove Comodo Firewall, and need a sandboxing program:
One of our household's favorite, and most widely used free extensions is a password manager called LastPass. It utilizes the same encryption security used by the military. You can read more at the developer's site.
(For added privacy in Chrome..) Adjust cookie and site data permissions
  1. Click the Chrome menu
    IB7eZ2ht1pEixChJA4xp6iejr1xw3rXY_yJNeHgHajBRTzLB0ldIpEFje8gyeB4ydp6xpQpJ=w18-h18
    on the browser toolbar.
  2. Select Settings.
  3. Scroll to the bottom, & click Show advanced settings.
  4. In the "Privacy" section, click the Content settings button.
  • Check the box "Block third party cookies & site date"
  • Mark the circle "Keep site date only until you close your browser"
Thanks for reading all this!:D
Thanks forse your Precious advice.
I use lastpass and that configuration of chrome you indicated me. ..I forgot to say it
When you say Gdata 2105, do you mean the anti virus or internet security suite? If the latter, i would recommend removing CFW "comodo firewall". Other then this, it looks good.
I Mean antivirus.
Good to know that someone use Gdata besides of a bit large file size installer ;)

In my view you don't need Bitdefender Trafficlight as your web shield AV will provide detection.

And for backup you may expand through cloud by just uploading none sensitive files.
in fact I dont like upload any sensitive Files on the cloud..I dont use it.
I like gdata is fast in every Kind of scan and Last 2 version are lighter thank previous. My pc boot is Not too slow. Only one negative things: false positive for program such as utorrent,mirc and etc.

Last edited:

scot

Level 9
Verified
Dec 5, 2014
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

aries91

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Apr 20, 2015
my gdata licence is going to expiring and my father has a giveaway licence of Emsisoft that he isn't using and would give it to me.
so I'm asking your opinion.

Reactions: Logethica

akuigla

Level 1
Verified
Oct 29, 2013
This is what I would do:
Both Gdata and Emsisoft are very good,if not excellent.
But,I would take Emsisoft for two reasons:

1.My father would be pleased cos I took his offer and said thank you.If my papa would be happy,I would too.At this moment my papa is not with me,and I am sorry I wasn't more kind to him when he was alive...
2.I would save some money

aries91

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Apr 20, 2015
Hi guys, I just modified my configuration.
I switched to Emsisoft anti-malware 10 beta, and I noticed an improvement of my pc's performance...faster boot,faster scan( complete scan in 40 minutes, malware scan in 6 minutes, quick scan in 3 minutes) and no slow down in any moment.
good interface and very nice graphics.
no high use of ram or cpu, even during scan.
I installed Hitman pro alert.

what do you think about?

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.