None
System recovery
None

Arrabida Rock

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Apr 2, 2016
The only thing i do for data back-up is update a personal folder that i have stored inside an external HDD.

Last edited:
Reactions: Logethica
A

Alkajak

Nice configuration, thanks for sharing. I would throw on a decent on-demand scanner and you will be good to go.

Edit: Looks like you added on that you like Malwarebytes as well. Is it installed on your setup?

Arrabida Rock

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Apr 2, 2016
It's not installed
Nice configuration, thanks for sharing. I would throw on a decent on-demand scanner and you will be good to go.

Edit: Looks like you added on that you like Malwarebytes as well. Is it installed on your setup?
It's not installed but i mencioned in the configuration because the active member J Gamez065 suggest me another on demand scanner...

An anti-executable like NVT EXE Radar Pro might not hurt. Thanks for sharing your config. :)
As i published it's a basic config. and i'm a basic user too, for me it´s not necessary to fill my pc with extras... But thanks for the suggestion. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Arrabida Rock

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Apr 2, 2016
And that malware attack was last weekend when i downloaded a wallpaper with a drawn porche (DR/FakePic.B.2, detected by Avira)

Duotone

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016
And that malware attack was last weekend when i downloaded a wallpaper with a drawn porche (DR/FakePic.B.2, detected by Avira)

If it works well for you then it's all good, as suggested earlier you may try adding Zemana Anti-Malware(second scanner), and NVT ERP or sandboxie(both for prevention). Luckily for you it only turned out as "DR/FakePic.B.2", but considering the threats this days it could have been an exploit or ransomware.

Last edited:
Reactions: Logethica and vrb93

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
I would like to suggest a backup solution such as Macrium Reflect o Aomei Backupper both have a good free and reliable solution. ;)

If you do not have a portable HDD you could give Aomei Onekey a try it will even help you make a new partition for you.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
You may add a companion base if you want like SecureAplus or Crystal Security. But other than that its a fine configuration there.

vrb93

Level 5
Verified
Jan 15, 2014
I think a backup solution is a to-do for every user, despite his experience or knowledge in IT and security.
Even some DVDs are an effective (and cheap) solution to protect your (most important) data.
Honestly I would prefer a config without any security software but with at least a backup solution over one without a backup plan and set up with 10+ layers of protection

VladDracul

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Sep 28, 2011
Yes,true,Avira is well known for having almost the best signature in the bussiness.But it's defence against new threats,zero day ones it's a lame.What I am trying to say is if your Avira doesn't detect a malware,a cryptor for example and you don't have a backup image...well...unless you like to re-install Windows often (some other MalwareTips members mentioned it already) you need to have an imaging program...not to mention that if you are hit and don't pay the ransom you will lose all your data.Yep,Macrium free or Aomei Backup free are the best.;)

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I would consider a data and system back up solution(s)
Thanks for sharing your config :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.