App Review Ashampoo Antivirus 2016 Prevention and Detection Test (safe1st)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Status
Not open for further replies.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Good test, although the results were expected.
Ashampoo has released some good software at a very good price, why they jumped into the AV market is confusing because they have some software that if they focused on those would be quite good. Anyway just my honest opinion. PeAcE

Sana

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Dec 30, 2015
then it will lag on system or antivirus crashed. I dont want make something unusual :D
imagine, how many links on the test.. means same how many tabs will be opened
Well, on a normal PCs you're bound to have atleast 5 to 10 tabs. So, why give an Antivirus too much of a break, after all, there are some sites that'd open like 5 to 10 tabs without your permission :p

Last edited by a moderator:

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
Not a bad product, because of Bitdefender Engine, but again useless because it has no (execept from that one beharviour protection there) kind of good zero-day component. So again, this is a product which I would not buy because of better (free) alternatives.

S

Sr. Normal

Great review again, thanks for sharing it with us. :)

I tested this soft in Malware Hub some months ago and virus detection rate on day 0 was low, it took between 24 and 48 to be really competitive compared to other antivirus

Rishi

Level 19
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 3, 2015

I tested this soft in Malware Hub some months ago and virus detection rate on day 0 was low, it took between 24 and 48 to be really competitive compared to other antivirus
True,the same story with most of the fringe players these days, slow to update, especially when they depend on another's signatures.

Not a bad product, because of Bitdefender Engine, but again useless because it has no (execept from that one beharviour protection there) kind of good zero-day component. So again, this is a product which I would not buy because of better (free) alternatives.
Reminds me of orange defender.:D

Thanks for the testing @safe1st

safe1st

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 29, 2016
Thank you everyone :)

Yes thats it.. Even using BD engine not always good like BitDefender products, because theres a delay in signatures update.

Xtwillight

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jul 1, 2014
safe1st,
it would be interesting a comparison to make!
Ashampoo AntiVirus 2016 VS Emsisoft Anti-Malware
I believe that a prevention and detection test
when the signature and the behavior module
Differences displays.

test In Past here at MalwareTips
were significant differences to see.

regards, Dark

safe1st

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 29, 2016
safe1st,
it would be interesting a comparison to make!
Ashampoo AntiVirus 2016 VS Emsisoft Anti-Malware
I believe that a prevention and detection test
when the signature and the behavior module
Differences displays.

test In Past here at MalwareTips
were significant differences to see.

regards, Dark

Let see in next few days :D
and you can PM me about requests.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.