New Update Authy for PC - Two-Factor Authentication made easy

Would you use Authy for PC?

• Yes

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Um.. what is Two-Factor Authentication?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Authy - Two-Factor Authentication • Authy
Based in San Francisco, CA.

DWQmpD1.png

Introducing Authy for PC - Introducing Authy for your personal computer • Authy

Authy lets you use "something you know" paired with "something you have" to log in securely into your accounts using two-factor authentication. Up until now, however, what you "have" was either your cellphone, your smartphone or your tablet.

But now, with our goal in mind to provide secure and seamless two-factor authentication to users everywhere, we are excited to announce the Authy App for PC's available on Windows, Mac, and Linux. (I know what you're thinking, is this secure? Is this still two-factor authentication? Yes, and we'll explain more below).

Continue reading

Authy for Chrome - This extension enables Phishing detection for Authy on Chrome.
Authy Chrome Extension
Authy - Official
Authy

0bQ4MOb.png

Last edited:
Reactions: KaptainBug

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Does anyone use Authy on PC?

I was considering using it, but my concern would be what if Authy or my PC was compromised (by whatever means), would I be at risk?

Last edited:

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Does anyone use Authy on PC?

I was considering using it, but my concern would be what if Authy or my PC was compromised (by whatever means), would I be at risk?
I have been using Authy for a couple of weeks, initially it was to replace Google Authenticator on my Android devices, but eventually I installed it on Google Chrome - please note, there are 2 official extensions of Authy.

To answer my own question, Authy on PC requires a password upon launching Chrome, which will decrypt the local database of accounts using 2FA.

Security in mind:
  • Authy on PC requires a password to decrypt before use
  • Authy app requires a PIN to unlock
  • Authy app can remove devices, if no longer used or stolen
  • Authy app can allow multiple devices (toggle on/off)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.