30.4 KB · Views: 581

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Kaspersky beat BitDefender by 0.1%.

Can someone explain the testing procedures for this?

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
because K comes after B :D

seriously, maybe a malware missed among 1000 tested , etc...

anyway those tests labs procedure are too obscure to me, i rely on my own unprofessional but real-world tests.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Earth said:
Can someone explain the testing procedures for this?

This is a Whole-Product Dynamic test.Here is what this means:

AV Comparatives said:
Whole-Product Dynamic ("Real-World") Protection Tests

This section contains full product long-term dynamic test reports. These tests evaluate the suites "real-world" protection capabilities with default settings (incl. on-execution protection features). It is our aim to do these tests rigorously. Due to that, these tests are time and resource expensive, so only products chosen for the yearly main test-series are included. Results are released monthly (from March to June and from August to November), together with two overview reports (July and December) covering four months each.

[attachment=1830]

While seeing Kaspersky on the first place is kinda of a surprise, the major news here is that QIHOO is on the second place.

Attachments

• ksp.png
    ksp.png
    41.1 KB · Views: 451
Z

ZeroDay

Thread author
umbrapolaris said:
ZeroDay said:
Nice showing from Avira.

This may be the reason why you removed Comodo AV for Avira? ;)

I was a long time user of Avira, I've only been using Comodo for around 6 months ish. Seeing Avira do well on this test is encouraging though :)

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
Avira is always a good choice when you consider speed and security.
Its has lost its reputation from last few years but I hope it will get its place where it deserve in av market;)

P

Plexx

Thread author
Avira should at least do something about their UI. It is not that user friendly in my opinion. That and that toolbar. But that aside, it aint bad. Quite popular in china to be honest.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
The result that Trend put and has looks very good. Thought that it would of done bad as it always does whenever I see these results. QIHOO did well, which ever that AV comes from.

P

Plexx

Thread author
McLovin said:
The result that Trend put and has looks very good. Thought that it would of done bad as it always does whenever I see these results. QIHOO did well, which ever that AV comes from.

Discussed QIHOO on the other comparitive thread.

China.

:)

Not so sure about their engines. I know one is 360 in house engine. I believe is Tencent. QIHOO if not mistaken uses TrendMicro cloud technology etc. You will need to dig up the last 2 months comparative posts since I did do some research

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.