Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
i7oim68r8k.jpg

z2bxeiyw9o.jpg

og32a8ub2m.jpg

http://www.av-comparatives.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/avc_rem_201311_en.pdf​

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
I wonder how many false-positives and downed LAN's occurred after Bitdefender's 97% performance?
The more I look out, the more I see why I refuse a traditional suite. It looks like paying Kaspersky 50-70 dollars to renew a license every year is the only decent choice for suite security, thus hopefully ruling out a ransomware infection.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
They must have used some very simple malware samples, I never have had any good luck removing infections with an AV, I always have to end up using dedicated malware removal tools, recovery CD's and even sometimes have to reinstall Windows.

Thanks. :D

aztony

Level 9
Verified
Oct 15, 2013
Littlebits said:
They must have used some very simple malware samples, I never have had any good luck removing infections with an AV, I always have to end up using dedicated malware removal tools, recovery CD's and even sometimes have to reinstall Windows.

Thanks. :D
That's why backing up/imaging your hard drive(s) should be a vital safeguard. Worst case scenario, reformat and restore from backup/image.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.