ESET,Avira : 59%
Kaspersky : 55%
Panda : 52%
Trustport : 38%
Microsoft : 36%
F-Secure , Bitdefender : 35%
Quihoo,eScan : 34%
Sophos : 23%

Most noticeable in the FP section : Quihoo - 104 ... next ESET - 20,Panda and G-data - 18

Avira and Kaspersky won the Advance+ award.

mhartsellm

Mar 8, 2011
Check out the Whole Product Dynamic Tests results and you'll see Norton Internet Security lead the way with only .3% compromised:)

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
mhartsellm said:
Check out the Whole Product Dynamic Tests results and you'll see Norton Internet Security lead the way with only .3% compromised:)
:eek:fftopic: to be fair the exact score is : NIS : 99,3% + 0,4% User dependent , so it can also be 0,7% :.. and that's when AVC tested the whole product.:666:

The results above just show the proactive (generic/heuristic) file dection capabilites of the scan engines against 0 day malware.
From my experience Kaspersky has a pretty good heuristic engine and can detect a good ammount of malicious samples even if it dosen't have signatures for them
I never managed to play with G-data because for some unknown reason it always manages to freeze my system.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
No surprise for Avira in retrospective test, they must produce a new version and for their FP its a low so next time they can make heuristics high at default.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.