Not open for further replies.

tapoo

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jan 21, 2012
Summary of the AV-TEST July and August 2012 (Win XP):

- 23 home user products reviewed, only 21 certified

AhnLab: V3 Internet Security 8.0 and Lavasoft: Ad-Aware Free Antivirus+ 10.1 & 10.2 unable to get certified :(

http://www.av-test.org/en/tests/home-user/julaug-2012/

tapoo

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jan 21, 2012
ZoneAlarm Free Antivirus + Firewall is also doing well......

3link9

Level 5
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
MSE got certified but Ahn Lab didn't?

I CALL A CONSPIRACY!

MSE usability sounds right, but repair is a 4.5? That doesn't sound right, Not in my experience anyway but it did get less points from the last test they did. 2.0 in protection sounds right.

Ahn Lab has a 2.0 in Protection, 4.0 in repair, and 4.0 and usability. Protection I'm surprised really as I think it does alright at around a 3.0 but I guess not here at least they got a higher score for this test, Repair sounds really off as the last tests and recent tests I seen see it do really good in detecting and repairing the system but usability sounds right.

MSE repair score is really surprising as its really slow at removing infections and removing every bit of it including rootkits as well as repairing modified files which I never seen it do but who knows.

Ahnlab doesn't have the greatest detections but not the worse, I think it performs well against MSE in terms of user tests, Ahnlab does good in repairing a system as when I did a removal test a little while ago it got rid of the rouge and repaired the task manager as well as a registry file it modified.

Nice to see Kaspersky get a perfect 6.0 in detection and repair, Really surprised in its usability score due to the high RAM it eats.

But the thing is with independent testing is that you cant really see what they did to test the product and how they tested it all you see is words and charts which is clearly not enough. I always based my opinions off of my own tests as well as user tests so I can see how the product was tested and how it performs without reading an article and a chart which who knows, Independent labs could be come corrupt by accepting money to rig their tests. If you want an example, See the whole Comodo vs AV-Comparatives that happened a few months ago.

imsoadude

Level 3
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
I noticed that when using mse too it did take a long time to remove, but it always did remove it for me if they base the repair off of the time it takes to repair i can see there is something weird going on :p

samit

Level 12
Verified
Nov 4, 2011
tapoo said:
ZoneAlarm Free Antivirus + Firewall is also doing well......

Zonealarm uses Kaspersky engine so better score was expected :)....

Bullgurad uses Bitdefender engine right????

In protection, Bullguard got 6.0 while Bitdefender got 5.5 and in repair, Bullguard scored only 3.0 while bitdefender got 6.0, now that's odd!!!!

tapoo

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jan 21, 2012
samit said:
Zonealarm uses Kaspersky engine so better score was expected :)....

Bullgurad uses Bitdefender engine right????

In protection, Bullguard got 6.0 while Bitdefender got 5.5 and in repair, Bullguard scored only 3.0 while bitdefender got 6.0, now that's odd!!!!

yes, Zonealarm is using Kaspersky engine, i am trying to say that its feels good when a Free security performs good.........

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Question,please! why do we never see Emsisoft Anti-Malware is any of the tests? Just Wonder?

tapoo

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jan 21, 2012
Virus Bulletin Vb100 tests Emsisoft........

http://www.virusbtn.com/vb100/RAP/RAP-quadrant-Dec11-Jun12-large.jpg

http://www.virusbtn.com/vb100/archive/vendor?id=80

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.