AV-Test.org November Android AV Results

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Of course Avast is up the top. Surprised to see Avira up there.

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
360 Mobile Security moving up to the top quickly. But they need improve some areas.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Do you need an 'Antivirus' if you only get apps that are well-known (ie. Facebook, Whatsapp etc) and trusted apps from Google Play?

What about the Other features, I would think Android already has those built-in?

Thanks for the info.

bunyip783

Level 1
Mar 1, 2011
Do you need an 'Antivirus' if you only get apps that are well-known (ie. Facebook, Whatsapp etc) and trusted apps from Google Play?

What about the Other features, I would think Android already has those built-in?

Thanks for the info.
Probably not, the only reason I'd use one would be to block messages/calls and track a stolen or lost phone. For me Avira does this the best.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.