Not open for further replies.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
The next-generation avast! 6.0 will include a virtualized desktop for safer banking and
shopping, adding a new layer of user security by preventing the theft of sensitive data from
infected machines.

ilQOZW.png

“A user can never be absolutely sure that his or her machine is 100 percent clean. But now with SafeZone, they can have a secure virtual space from which malware is not able to steal their sensitive data,” explains Ondrej Vlcek, CTO at AVAST Software.
“This is really a 180 degree change in philosophy as we‟ve long focused on keeping malware from getting in. Now we can also keep malware from taking any information out.” he added.

More details - link

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
My question is .....Will SafeZone work on 64bits? because Kaspersky similar desktop virtualization feature dosen't work on 64bits. :D

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011
Yes, some members on avast forum are testing the beta with safezone under a 64bit OS. But I haven't tested it myself. SafeRun (Kaspersky) works under 64bit but with limitations:

The Safe Run for Applications component from Kaspersky Internet Security 2011 does not support the following operating systems: Microsoft Windows XP x64, Microsoft Windows Vista x64, Microsoft Windows 7 x64.
The Safe Run for Browsers component from Kaspersky Internet Security 2011 does not support OS Microsoft Windows XP x64 and functions with some limits on operating systems Microsoft Windows Vista x64 and Microsoft Windows 7 x64.
source
So you can launch a browser and do online banking in a protected environment.

Some limitations might apply in Avast as well since I don't see how they can handle the Kernel Patch Protection in 64bit versions of windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.