App Review Avast! 7 Internet Security Final Prevention Test

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Thread author
Apr 17, 2011
No time to find a folder of malware to test against, Just the standard 20 link procedure for now.

I can do so for the Free Edition tho.

Some parts cut to shorten video length.

As always, remember to use the Larger Player option for HD ;)

lufzI.png

>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mh8jhWjGIn4

No music, Feel free to play your own tune along.

Nikomanuel1

Jul 10, 2011
MrXidus said:
No time to find a folder of malware to test against, Just the standard 20 link procedure for now.

I can do so for the Free Edition tho.

Some parts cut to shorten video length.

As always, remember to use the Larger Player option for HD ;)

lufzI.png

>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mh8jhWjGIn4

No music, Feel free to play your own tune along.

Not too bad, but now that FileRep option is like the Norton system :(. also free version does not appear to have sandbox (i checked the avast spanish site) i dont know but i am disappointed!

Good video mrxidus!! :)

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Nikomanuel1 said:
Not too bad, but now that FileRep option is like the Norton system

DVDiG.png

And this is great,this is how a developer should use its community... A file that it's very new, isn't used by a lot of your users ,doesn't have a digital signature and comes from a unknown source it's a strong bet that it's an infected file.
I have no doubt that more and more vendors will be using this reputation technique in the near future.

Nikomanuel1 said:
also free version does not appear to have sandbox (i checked the avast spanish site) i dont know but i am disappointed!
If you are talking about the Auto-Sandbox feature that you've seen in the video then you're wrong, Avast Free does come with Auto-Sandbox however it doesn't not have a MANUAL sandbox which would allow you to run whenever you want your browser or a file in a virtual environment even if Avast doesn't see the file as suspicious , nevertheless you can use a free alternative like Sandboxie and you're all set.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Its likely just more improvements from their newly FileRep since a new from the components. Cause even they enhance some of the shields there are times that it may bypassed.

V

Vextor

Nikomanuel1 said:
Not too bad, but now that FileRep option is like the Norton system :(. also free version does not appear to have sandbox (i checked the avast spanish site) i dont know but i am disappointed!

Good video mrxidus!! :)

The free version has an auto-sandbox, you can't choose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.