App Review Avast 8 Free Test(MalwareDoctor)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Avast did very well. One thing that I would say that Avast is quite good for in this update is that "Software Updater", that would be great for users who are not that update with their software.

+rep

MDTechVideos

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 5, 2012
McLovin said:
Avast did very well. One thing that I would say that Avast is quite good for in this update is that "Software Updater", that would be great for users who are not that update with their software.

+rep

Thanks for the comment. When I said software updater, I was not referring to software updated alone, but the broader "premium" tools that Avast has begun to offer(most of which are only included in the Internet or Premier versions). Not necessarily do I believe the software updater is such a bad thing to be developed, but there are other more important things that Avast needs to iron out first before continuing with these extra tools.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.