Battle Avast Internet Security 7 Vs Avira Internet Security

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spirit

Level 2
Thread author
May 17, 2012
There is so much debate going on the topic so I thought to create poll here :D

Which among this two provide better security and don't slowdown?

malwarekiller

Mar 30, 2012
I cant make my decision..both are good to use... :p

avast has safezone and some more additonal features that avira lacks...while avira's engine detects more binaries..

malwarekiller

Mar 30, 2012
Stranger said:
The whole forum members are waiting for this to hear from you :p

Avira's engine detects more binaries so they are ignorent with additional features...while avast labs classify binaries and URL's in a seperate manner...here is a example:

3 fakeAV's sites..

avira will run after getting signatures for the 3 things meanwhile the bad guys will get more sites up with same IP to spread the fakeAV's

while avast will block the IP address first...and then will detect the binaries in a short time...I can give you a live example if you want at this point :cool:

Spirit

Level 2
Thread author
May 17, 2012
no one can deny that avast is perfect security and protect it user by its various function and its just impossible for malware to bypass to computer without avast knowledge(an idiot user can infect his computer even though God Antivirusinstalled on his computer):p
But I maintain avira have better detection Rate

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
No idea, would have to test them, but from the good review that Biozfear did I would have to say Avast would have to be my choice, also because of all the features you can get with it.

P

Plexx

I haven't tested both products. I only tested avast free and avira av premium. So I won't be voting until I do a test and perhaps a review of both. If we are to look in a nutshell, avast offers more than Avira, but then we will have to consider other factors: Avira detection rate is known to be amongst the best, while avast doesn't come as close even with cloud technology.

Yet if we are to compare the modules they have in common, it boils down to scan speed, removal capabilities, up until a point web protection and finally firewall.

Both products take different approaches to protect a user.

Spirit

Level 2
Thread author
May 17, 2012
malbky said:
We have to also check the impact on pc usage. Avast is driving me nuts. Again net connectivity issues started. I am switching to Vipre.

Trust me if avast causing you so much problem with vipre it will be worst

P

Plexx

Stranger said:
malbky said:
We have to also check the impact on pc usage. Avast is driving me nuts. Again net connectivity issues started. I am switching to Vipre.

Trust me if avast causing you so much problem with vipre it will be worst

Vipre is not bad. They fixed some issues on their patch.

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
How is Avira in the lead? Avast has alot more than Avira like auto sandbox and BB...I have a license but will never use it on my machine probably a friends or family member.

P

Plexx

MRF71 said:
How is Avira in the lead? Avast has alot more than Avira like auto sandbox and BB...I have a license but will never use it on my machine probably a friends or family member.

Just because avast has more features, doesn't make Avira a bad product. Although I have reviewed their Premium version and not Internet Security, it is still a very solid solution.

Avast as of version 7 only had problems. Prior to last build or patch, however you want to call it, avast 7 suffered from random BSoDs and many users still report a system reboot and shutdown slowdown. There is no trend on the slowdown though. But for example, on my i7 I can definitely notice the slowdown while on the Toshiba AMD mid-end laptop the slowdown is barely noticeable.

Avira has a good detection rate for starters. UI responsiveness has improved. Good zero day protection and web protection are also a feature of Avira.

Have a look at the results here.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
MRF71 said:

People I bet are people are voting for the ones that they have used in the past, like I said earlier in this thread I can't vote because I would have to test both again to find out which one to use.

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
Good zero day protection

How? what is it's zero day protection?
It has good signatures but even in languy's review he said there's no zero day.
Even though Avast may have some bugs it has a BB and sandbox which is great.

P

Plexx

MRF71 said:
Good zero day protection

How? what is it's zero day protection?
It has good signatures but even in languy's review he said there's no zero day.
Even though Avast may have some bugs it has a BB and sandbox which is great.

No one said the features of avast are not great. But Avira is not far behind in terms of protecting the user either.

Both solutions take a different approach to protect the user using different methods.

Its the same when most people say Avast and Comodo have sandbox so its the same thing when it is completely incorrect.

Give Avira a try (Premium or IS version) and conduct the tests yourself.

I am aware of Languy's video and up until a point I agree. Yet it didn't preform bad either.

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
I'm not saying Avira sucks but i'd feel more secure with Avast and what it has vs. Avira and it's protection.
Thanks

Spirit

Level 2
Thread author
May 17, 2012
MRF71 said:
I'm not saying Avira sucks but i'd feel more secure with Avast and what it has vs. Avira and it's protection.
Thanks

I am on avast but can't rule out that with avira you are same or even more protected

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.