Status
Not open for further replies.

Wordward

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 21, 2011
I have McAfee IS installed with almost 6 months trial left and like it a lot. However, with the current Avast IS 6 month license available, I'm tempted to uninstall McAfee and try Avast IS. Is it wort the effort? As I said I like McAfee, but I've used Avast Free in the past and liked it a lot too. Thanks.

Reactions: OokamiCreed

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
Yes it is worth the effort. You'll benefit from far greater protection and system speed should also improve noticeably. I'm actually using that free 6 month trial right now. Avast also gives you way more control if you want it, or little to no control if you want it (via it's hardened mode which is supposed to be for novices but also greatly improves it's detection. Specially of adware).

Wordward

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 21, 2011
Thanks for all the helpful replies. I especially enjoyed the video. Funny. I have AIS installed. I have some Chrome slowdowns though. When opening the browser and when going to a different web address. I am going to uninstall Secure VPN as I think maybe that has something to do with it. Any other suggestions would be appreciated. I never experienced browser slowdowns in the past using Avast. I also now have both Windows Firewall and Avast Firewall on, but the slowdowns were there before I went to change and installed Avast Firewall.

Reactions: Venustus

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Avast IS should be your main setup to your system, since there are many possible configurations to change and its ability to engage those behavior analysis and Sandbox SafeZone as handy feature.

Reactions: Venustus

Wordward

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 21, 2011
Did a complete uninstall using Avast uninstall tool in safe mode. Reinstalled without Secure DNS and Firewall, and the stuff that costs money. lol. Chrome opens pretty much like it did before Avast. Browsing seems good. Thanks again for everyone's help.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.