Battle avast IS 2015 vs the rest

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonmew

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 21, 2013
for awhile now i feel avast is quite hard to configure its hard to manually add exceptions yourself and i was wondering is there any better internet security suite out there .

which is the best free IS?

which is the best paid IS?

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Vipersd

Level 6
Verified
Dec 14, 2014
Discussion about which AV is best is useless because it all depends how the person uses his/hers computer and how that person browse the Internet.

Best AV sits across the monitor!

If you use your computer smartly, every AV should be enough to protect you!

Only real way to determine what is "best" for you is to try them one at a time and find how they work on your PC.

Last edited:

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
As Vipersd suggested, choosing to go with an AV is another option; and the one I've chosen on our systems.
'Better' for your unique system & configuration is a more attainable goal on your search for which security suite works best for you.
Many companies allow 30 day trials. You can try either the AV (NOD 32) or suite (Smart Security) offered by ESET.
Edit: Giannis also mentioned 2 (I mean 3) other highly acclaimed choices I'd also like to test drive!:p

Last edited:
Reactions: Giannis

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Suites have their known identical which can be capable to be better from their category.

Norton Internet Security, likely a good one for novice due to install and forget method.

For complexion configuration then CIS (Free), KIS or ESET.

Rememeber firewall capabilities, HIPS, and BB are sometimes needed to check if everything went well from the rules therefore its not totally install and forget.

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
Suites have their known identical which can be capable to be better from their category.

Norton Internet Security, likely a good one for novice due to install and forget method.

For complexion configuration then CIS (Free), KIS or ESET.

Rememeber firewall capabilities, HIPS, and BB are sometimes needed to check if everything went well from the rules therefore its not totally install and forget.

One cannot simply trust the automate process and expect 100% reliability. Throughout the year, this has been proven to be a false sense of security.

Agreed with James comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.