App Review Avast! IS 7 Test and Review(MalwareDoctor)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

MDTechVideos

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 5, 2012

*Also should note because someone will probably bring this up, sample detection for Avast was 11 percent. I went back to the source of the malware samples after the test and was meet with several other people who scanned the pack of malware with avast and came up with the same results. Any comments to avast's low detection rate please leave in comment section below, but please do not accuse me of any wrongdoing during the test, because as I said earlier,it was not just me.

Last edited by a moderator:
P

Plexx

A few observations:
*You could have changed the scan settings by clicking on More details under the Scan Computer tab, as well as check the Settings in the upper right corner.

*You could have renamed the samples to exe extension and run a couple, so that the users who watch it would have an idea how will avast! do in a prevention test for unknown files.

The pack that you pick had by default low detection rate which is fine, but you did not show to the user its potential.

You can always refer to one of my videos:)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.