Advice Request Avast Premier 2018 Wi-fi Inspector and Erroneous Info?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SearchLight

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 3, 2017
I recently re-installed my TP-Link TL-WNDR3600v1 Router while updating its Firmware, too. Running well, and to enhance security, I disabled WPS and UPNP.

Interestingly, despite these confirmed settings, the Wi-fi Inspector in Avast Premier 2018, tells me that the Router has a UPNP vulnerability, and I should disable the service. I did.

Upon re-scanning, it again tells me that there is a UPNP service vulnerability. The Steve Gibson GRC UPNP Vulnerability Scan reports that there is no vulnerability. I do not understand why the AWifi Inspector keeps reporting this erroneous info.

I am tempted to uninstall it from the software if it cannot be trusted to report correct info because all the other components run flawlessly.

Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.