Status
Not open for further replies.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
Thread author
May 3, 2011
OCDy0Zd.png

What's new in version 2014:

Added privacy: AVG 2014 version not only helps keep your personal information safe when you're online and on your PC, but we have further improved privacy protection with the new integrated File Shredder.
New File Shredder: Normal deletion isn't always secure enough. In some cases, your data may still be recoverable. File Shredder deletes data securely to help ensure your most sensitive information remains private. Files are deleted permanently and can't be accessed or recovered by someone else.
Easy access to AVG mobile apps: User-friendly interface offers easy access to our free mobile apps. They range from mobile protection (AVG AntiVirus Free for Android) to privacy protection (AVG Safe Browser for iPhone & iPad) to mobile performance apps (AVG Cleaner for Android).
Better Detection: AVG detection rates are always being improved to ensure we are keeping up with Internet criminals.
File Reputation: The new AVG client will check with our cloud service and report the prevalence of certain files on users' computers. We'll then use this information to improve our product's detection capabilities (heuristics, behavioural detection). No personal information is ever collected, and customers must opt into our product improvement program in order for us to access their data.

Source #1
Source #2
Download

Reactions: malwarehunter0732

3link9

Level 5
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
RE: AVG Antivirus Free 2014 14.0 Build 4116 Final released

Never did like that interface.... it always felt.... "glitchy"

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011

3link9 said:
Never did like that interface.... it always felt.... "glitchy"

Neither did I, but one I did as it was Metro.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

Same, the colours are dull.

Those are mostly sponsored/Partnered software shortcuts from the UI.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
Thread author
May 3, 2011

Earth said:
Same, the colours are dull.

Those are mostly sponsored/Partnered software shortcuts from the UI.

Exactly, when I use a free product the one thing that will turn me off the fastest is useless crap added to it that is not free. I'm sure everyone knows AVG also has paid products but if someone choose to download the free product they wouldn't expect to find all of these sponsored links to junk that is not worth buying.

And these sponsored links are also on the GUI of their paid products.

I don't see anything wrong with a software vendor advertising their own paid products on their free products GUI but their partnered products is going way too far.

Thanks. :D

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

Is AVG's File Reputation active or set for reporting only?

Littlebits

Retired Staff
Thread author
May 3, 2011
AVG Anti-Virus 2014 Products Version: 14.0 Build 4117 released:

No changelogs available.

Download Page for Free products- http://free.avg.com/us-en/download-free-all-product

Download Page for All products- http://www.avg.com/us-en/download

Enjoy!! :D

Nerens

Feb 19, 2014
Hello guys glad to meet you. This is my first post. I got the paid version of AVG ,it is doing a good job keeping my laptop clean, at the moment I run it together with Outpost firewall pro 9.0 ,till now I never had a problem.

skip10

Oct 8, 2013
Hello guys glad to meet you. This is my first post. I got the paid version of AVG ,it is doing a good job keeping my laptop clean, at the moment I run it together with Outpost firewall pro 9.0 ,till now I never had a problem.
As far as I am aware the AVG FW is already the Outpost FW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.