Hot Take Avg/Avast Extensions update how to obtain the latest versions of the plugins.

nickstar1

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Dec 10, 2022
I wanted to thank admin INK for pointing this out to me. It appears that downloading Avg/Avast extensions through the chrome store gives you the updated versions. However, downloading the extensions from Avast/AVG GUI will give you out dated versions if they route you to the Microsoft edge store. At this time if you download the extensions from the chrome store you will get the most updated versions. I'm still shocked Avast and AVG have not updated the extensions from the Microsoft edge store since 2022 I'm going to make them aware of the issue and hopefully this will be corrected. Again only download Avast/Avg extensions from the chrome store and not the Microsoft edge store if you are using edge!

These are the updated extensions here.

AVG AVG Online Security
Avast Avast Online Security & Privacy

Last edited:

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Apr 21, 2016
Thanks for sharing this information. It's indeed surprising that Avast/AVG haven't updated their extensions in the Microsoft Edge store. Your effort to alert them about this issue is appreciated. Hopefully, they'll resolve it soon.

nickstar1

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Dec 10, 2022
Anyway this could this also be posted in the Avast section as well? Could a moderator/admin also make this show in the Avast section of the forums on MalwareTips as well? I feel this is very vital information for those who use Avast products as well.

lokamoka820

Level 4
Mar 1, 2024
I wanted to thank admin INK for pointing this out to me. It appears that downloading Avg/Avast extensions through the chrome store gives you the updated versions. However, downloading the extensions from Avast/AVG GUI will give you out dated versions if they route you to the Microsoft edge store. At this time if you download the extensions from the chrome store you will get the most updated versions. I'm still shocked Avast and AVG have not updated the extensions from the Microsoft edge store since 2022 I'm going to make them aware of the issue and hopefully this will be corrected. Again only download Avast/Avg extensions from the chrome store and not the Microsoft edge store if you are using edge!

These are the updated extensions here.

AVG AVG Online Security
Avast Avast Online Security & Privacy
Another reason to avoid Microsoft Edge for me 😁

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.