Battle AVG Free 2014 vs Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocsi

Level 1
Thread author
Oct 26, 2011
Which is the best: AVG Free 2014 or Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition?
What is your opinion?

Reactions: Fel Grossi

aztony

Level 9
Verified
Oct 15, 2013
While BD free has tested with better detection rates 'out of the box' than AVG, if the poll wasn't closed I'd give AVG my vote. The reason being BD free, based on numerous user complaints around the web, and my own experience, tends to become unstable over time. It's been reported to sporadically shut itself down, block system restore, users have problems restoring quarantine files that are FPs, and the program offers no proactive way to exclude files. And their customer support sucks. Great detection rates become meaningless when plagued with an unstable security program, coupled with sub-par customer support. That spells 'pass', as in I'll pass on BD.

Reactions: Fel Grossi
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.