App Review AVG Free Antivirus 2014(bunyip783)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
At 4:30, I've uploaded a similar-style of installer to VirusTotal and the majority of common AVs didn't have an detection for it. Just pointing this out.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I believe it's InstallIQ, but cannot be 100%. Spywar, what do you consider InstallIQ to be?

spywar

Level 11
Oct 26, 2012
Do you have any VT report ? Take a look if ESET detects it as a PUP then as bunyip said it might be a PUP.

sona

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Nov 14, 2013
............................I think avg antivirus invites viruses ha! ha!........................................

use avast! the cute antivirus..............................................

Last edited by a moderator:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
@sona I take it you're not an AVG fan. However, the last time I tried avast! against some Adware it failed to detect and allowed the PUP to be installed.

@spywar I don't have the sample used in the video, but the similarities look like InstallIQ Adware installer that I tested a few weeks ago.

sona

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Nov 14, 2013
sir,avg detected my ea cricket 2007 .exe shortcut as a trojan but kaspersky said it was clean.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.