Advice Request Avira Behaviour Blocker?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

uxbal

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Sep 10, 2016
As for the behaviour blocker in Avira - does it even exist, or it's just of such poor quality and performance? I've seen them develop a ProActiv guard, but i don't know if it's not finished, or only unavailable for 64bit systems (how can that happen in 2016 is not known to me).
As from what I gather, Avira's signatures are very good, but people complain over its behaviour blocking.

Thanks

F

ForgottenSeer 19494

Seems that they have some kind of a behavior technology, but not like AVG Identity Protection or Panda's TruPrevent or Bitdefender's Active Threat Control or even Comodo's Viruscope. Avast have HIPS but haven't heard of behavior analysis protection. They have Evo-gen which is a way to automatically classify new files when comparing them to other files but not a behavior blocker.

February 12, 2015: Version 2015, Update 8

1. General Information
    Avira Antivirus for Windows, version 2015 update 8 has been released on February 12th, 2015.
  2. Improvements
    • Revised update mechanism offering more flexibility and better support for scenarios using a proxy
    • Additional sensors for Behavior-based Detection have been implemented
    • The Avira Free Antivirus detection update frequency has been increased (default frequency is set on 2h, same as Avira Antivirus Pro)
      • New installations include the new update frequency
      • Existing installations will not be updated by default. The 2h interval of the detection update has to be set manually by the user (An automatic change of existing installations will be presumably implemented with a future update)
  3. Bug fixes
    There are no bug fixes for this update.

General Information
    Avira Antivirus for Windows 2016, update 16 has been released on February 29th, 2016.

Improvements.png

Improvements
    • Improved reboot handling for Updates.
    • Updated to the latest OpenSSL library.
    • Improved Repair capabilities & performance.
    • Added Registry Sensors for better behavior-based detection.
    • Added feature to send email alerts in Antivirus Pro and Server.
    • Improved cloud detection capabilities.
    • Improved handling of a huge number of scanner detection in interactive mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.