avira beta news

Status
Not open for further replies.

zfactor

Level 1
Thread author
Jun 4, 2014
for beta users news from today 6/4/14:

please note, that xVDF for Avira Version 2014 beta is now enabled for all future updates.

xVDF = e(x)tended VDF - a various number of VDF container files

Benefits with xVDF

Update volume of VDF files will be reduced to a minimum.
CPU resource consumption when loading VDF files will be reduced.
New xVDF update files will be downloaded and merged to one single VDF file locally on the client machine.
The scan engine just loads the single VDF file without the need of loading and merging several VDF files at every scan startup.

i am not seeing any difference so far im not sure if in fact its been updated on the build i have but i did just download it today from the beta website and did a fresh install. boot up same as before and the network still takes FOREVER to connect after a fresh start or restart. if you are a beta tester you can download it from the avira beta website.

phyniks

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Nov 17, 2013
It s just for betas
do beta and stable versions have different update servers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.