Avira price question.

• Thread starter luke.douthwaite
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

luke.douthwaite

Thread author
Hi, new here and after looking through a lot of configs and threads have decided to go for Avira Antivirus Premium 2012. Does anyone know where you can buy this at a better price than the official site?

Might seem petty just want to get the best possible deal for myself.

Apologies if this is in the wrong thread too.

Thanks,

Luke

P

Plexx

Thread author
Depending where you from, I know some PC sites sell with discounts etc.
Care to tell us your location?

Also, what made you choose Avira?

Feel free to post your current config prior to buying Avira Antivirus Premium 2012 and we shall all share our opinions:)

Also dont forget to introduce yourself here.

L

luke.douthwaite

Thread author
biozfear said:
Depending where you from, I know some PC sites sell with discounts etc.
Care to tell us your location?

Also, what made you choose Avira?

Feel free to post your current config prior to buying Avira Antivirus Premium 2012 and we shall all share our opinions:)

Also dont forget to introduce yourself here.

Hi, many thanks for your response. I cannot find the link I looked at but it was a few articles I read online about it that made me decide that. Personally A LOT of thought has not gone into it lol. So I am very much open to suggestions lol. I can not show you my current config as I have only just recently formatted so atm have nothing on here. Risky perhaps but atm have nothing of any major value on the machine. I need everything in regards to security for 2 machines so all the advice is greatly appreciated :)

Thanks,

Luke

P

Plexx

Thread author
You can still post your "empty" config and also request some suggestions. Once you have done that we will then ask you some questions as well.
:)

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
If you post your config in the security configuration wizard forum, we will be able give you suggestions and you will be able to build up your defenses.

Malware Maniac

Level 1
May 14, 2012
McLovin said:
If you post your config in the security configuration wizard forum, we will be able give you suggestions and you will be able to build up your defenses.

His config is here http://malwaretips.com/Thread-Newly-formatted-config

luke.douthwaite wants to know if avira is worth it.

Update: I would recommend you using the free product an see if you want to upgrade to the Premium or Internet Security package.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Malware Maniac said:

Personally i will avoid it for the moment.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
umbrapolaris said:
Malware Maniac said:

Personally i will avoid it for the moment.

I have to agree. Avira is not worth it as much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.