AVLab Protection Test Against Drive-by Download Attacks (April 2017)

W

WolfensteinXeen

Thread author
Very interesting test that includes home products as well as endpoints. As usual, results should be taken with a grain of salt. Bitdefender, Eset, Kaspersky and Norton did very well in home product and got a Best+++ score. It is also interesting (but not surprising) to note that there were no differences in protection between the free and paid versions of Avast, AVG and Avira.

You can read the test in PDF here.

Last edited by a moderator:

ravi prakash saini

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 22, 2015
perhaps i missed it if any one who has read the article thoroughly can confirm if they checked windows defender against drive by download with or without smart screen or with or without internet explorer.

Reactions: Sunshine-boy

Sunshine-boy

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017
if you check in every test they did u can find Comodo Dr.web and Arcabit on top:rolleyes:o_O
maybe it's marketing for these products! but I'm not sure :p
Oh and sorry for my eng mistakes

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
Strange that CCAV missed the first .bat file completely. The sandbox had the chance to stop various parts of the infection chain but didn't.
Thankfully it sounds like Comodo fixed whatever the problem was that stopped the sandbox working correctly.
Soware provider Comodo quickly implemented appropriate security rules for scripts and applicaons run by a PowerShell interpreter.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.