AX64 Time Machine is Back... Working Nicely Too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rod McCarthy

Thread author
I just tried the last two betas of version 2 and have to say it is very nice.

In 4 minutes you have a complete image of your C: drive, without leaving the windows desktop.

I use AX64 along with Acronis which on a USB stick, and Acronis I run outside of windows.

News | AX64 Time Machine - Snapshot Imaging Backup

Reactions: Moose

Warrior

Level 4
Verified
Sep 2, 2014
AX64 Time Machine has been dogged with problems since V 2
Beta after beta has been a failure , their one great promise was the ability to do fast cold and hot restores,
but it all went so wrong with V 2, a great many users dropped it,
then they were beaten to the punch by Macrium Reflect and its rapid-delta-restore..
AX64 Time Machine is Obsolete ,
Macrium Reflect can image my system ssd in 3 min and with rapid-delta-restore can it in under 2 min
A incremental image can restore in 32 seconds , my C drive is 65 Gb >>>>>>
beat that AX64 ,

R

Rod McCarthy

Thread author
Thanks I'll take a look at Macrium. I do like the fact that AZ64 works without having to leave windows...

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Ax64 was exceptional when it was made by its original developer, it was my main backup tool , after when it was bought , it become useless.

R

Rod McCarthy

Thread author
I still have the last version of version 1 and I bought version 2...I didn't even know it was sold, and is no longer the original developer.

Warrior

Level 4
Verified
Sep 2, 2014
@ Moose AOMEI One Key + AOMEI Backupper are fine They work ,
@ Rod McCarthy I like you I also have bought version 1 and version 2 of AX64 even have the last beta 637,
Its not reliable , 3 out of 5 restores on my pc failed, its Not anywhere near the level of AOMEI or Macrium .
@ Umbra is totally correct on this Ax64 was exceptional when it was made by its original developer,
Ax64 ability to be reliable and do fast restores was way a head of its time ,
Now that market is been taken over by Macrium and Ax64 is failing to get its act together as always,,

R

Rod McCarthy

Thread author
Yes the above is true. That was the very early version of V2...Now version 2 is working again...No conflict in any of the posts, then or now...Your point is?

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Salutations, Friends!

> Do you know the install size of Macrium?
> Any conflict's with NoVirusThanks?
> Other conflict's with other security software, for example, Sandboxie? ect...
> giveaway's on Macrium?

Kind regards,

Warrior

Level 4
Verified
Sep 2, 2014
My point is 3 out of 5 restores on my pc failed with version 2 + the Beta build 637
All the reported bugs and errors are not fixed,
I reported 3 bugs in early version of V2 that are still in version 2 today even up to the last beta ..
Ax64 dose not work well for everyone, and It still cant match AOMEI or Macrium in speed or reliability..

that would be my point..

Reactions: Rod McCarthy

Warrior

Level 4
Verified
Sep 2, 2014
@ Moose Macrium 50 mb installed on my ssd
NoVirusThanks no issue that I know of ,
Sandboxie no issue that I know of, + I use Sandboxie my self,
giveaway's on Macrium? are rare but do happen ,

R

Rod McCarthy

Thread author
Good Point...Warrior and I have Macrium...Good software, although I use my Acronic USB boot to make backups.

Warrior

Level 4
Verified
Sep 2, 2014
@ Moose I am using Macrium Reflect v6 Home Edition as for the why its fast and the reliability is great.
plus it supports GPT , and UEFI , SSD Trim, and at £47 it ant a bad buy.

@ Rod McCarthy so your using Macrium Reflect and Acronic USB boot ok .
wondering why you would even risk playing with Ax64.

R

Rod McCarthy

Thread author
@ Moose I am using Macrium Reflect v6 Home Edition as for the why its fast and the reliability is great.
plus it supports GPT , and UEFI , SSD Trim, and at £47 it ant a bad buy.

@ Rod McCarthy so your using Macrium Reflect and Acronic USB boot ok .
wondering why you would even risk playing with Ax64.

Well I don't really need AX64.

I do a clean install of Windows, then do updates, but add no other software. This is my base. Then I make a BU with acronis.

Then add all my favorite software, (tons) and make another (separate) BU with acronis.

Then I add IS / Antivirus software and make another BU with acronis and if I choose I might make another BU with another software as a precaution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.