Advice Request Backup for Kichan's MacBook???

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

bellgamin

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 11, 2016
One of my granddaughters, nicknamed "Kichan," is in college, majoring in graphic arts.

Kichan makes heavy use of Photo Shop & other graphics arts software. Right now all her classes enable students to back-up data files, drawings, etc, to online storage. However, she has never backed up her Macbook's system (image/clone/etc).

Kichan is very skilled in using apps to do all kinds of amazing art, animations, ad layouts, website designs, etc -- but she is untaught concerning possibilities such as BSOD, drive failure, locked-up computer, infections, etc. So, in the 2 years or so since I gave her the Macbook, she has never backed-up her Macbook's system. Fortunately, the Macbook has never needed one.

My plan is to (a) get her a good imaging app for the Mac, & (b) get her TWO EACH of this Samsung's rugged, portable SSD with 2 TB (it has options for 1 or 2 or 4 TB).

REQUEST: I will be VERY grateful for any & all advice and comments. I especially need recommendations for good user-friendly apps for doing full system backups on a Macbook.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NOTE: Mac's "Timekeeper" is not adequate because it does not create a bootable image. The app Kicahn needs MUST create a bootable image or clone. As we all know -- When a system fails, that system cannot restore itself. The 'rescue" must be externally bootable.
So far, the best candidate looks to be THIS one. However, I can't test it because I am on a Windows PC, not a Mac. Has anyone had experience with this app?

Last edited:
Reactions: mkoundo and upnorth

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
Honestly, I have not used a Mac before, but a quick search shoed that both Acronis and EaseUS offer backup for Mac devices. Unfortunately, Acronis also comes with malware protection which you might not like.

Reactions: bellgamin

Andrezj

Level 6
Nov 21, 2022
One of my granddaughters, nicknamed "Kichan," is in college, majoring in graphic arts.

Kichan makes heavy use of Photo Shop & other graphics arts software. Right now all her classes enable students to back-up data files, drawings, etc, to online storage. However, she has never backed up her Macbook's system (image/clone/etc).

Kichan is very skilled in using apps to do all kinds of amazing art, animations, ad layouts, website designs, etc -- but she is untaught concerning possibilities such as BSOD, drive failure, locked-up computer, infections, etc. So, in the 2 years or so since I gave her the Macbook, she has never backed-up her Macbook's system. Fortunately, the Macbook has never needed one.

My plan is to (a) get her a good imaging app for the Mac, & (b) get her TWO EACH of this Samsung's rugged, portable SSD with 2 TB (it has options for 1 or 2 or 4 TB).

REQUEST: I will be VERY grateful for any & all advice and comments. I especially need recommendations for good user-friendly apps for doing full system backups on a Macbook.
NOTE: Mac's "Timekeeper" is not adequate because it does not create a bootable image. The app Kicahn needs MUST create a bootable image or clone. As we all know -- When a system fails, that system cannot restore itself. The 'rescue" must be externally bootable.
So far, the best candidate looks to be THIS one. However, I can't test it because I am on a Windows PC, not a Mac. Has anyone had experience with this app?

The problem with software on MacOS is that you have to trial the software before committing to a purchase.

MacOS version supported:

Features:

Buying options:

uuu.png

Last edited by a moderator:
  • +Reputation
Reactions: Divine_Barakah

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.