Not open for further replies.

Piteko21

Level 18
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 13, 2014
hello everyone , I found a very interesting information about Baidu AV.
Possibly, the next version will bring firewall.

baidu news MalwareTips.jpg

what you have to say about it?

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Agreed. I feel an anti-virus with an integrated firewall sounds like good news, although I choose to use our system's integrated firewall in 8.1 even though we use Avast! . The firewall chosen should (imho) remain a separate choice, and ultimately depends upon which will provides better protection depending also upon your individual situation.

Last edited:

xywcloud

From X-Sec Antivirus
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Aug 8, 2013
My only concern is that Baidu AV is very hard to uninstall :mad: Had to use JRT to remove it.....
sorry for the inconvenience.
Baidu Antivirus does not allow any third-party software to uninstall it in order to prevent malicious uninstallation from virus.
If you want to uninstall Baidu Antivirus, you can open "control panel", find "program", then find "Baidu Antivirus" and uninstall it.
If still can' t uninstall, you can reinstall Baidu antivirus by using the installer downloaded from our official site and uninstall it.

maybe something I should not say at the moment.
but, 5.2 stable version is coming sooooooooooooon~(when I heard the news from staff, it surprised me a lot)

Last edited by a moderator:

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
sorry for the inconvenience.
Baidu Antivirus does not allow any third-party software to uninstall it in order to prevent malicious uninstallation from virus.
If you want to uninstall Baidu Antivirus, you can open "control panel", find "program", then find "Baidu Antivirus" and uninstall it.
If still can' t uninstall, you can reinstall Baidu antivirus by using the installer downloaded from our official site and uninstall it.

Exactly. Antivirus softwares should not be uninstalled with a third party uninstaller. Only use the Control panel or the removal utility provided by the vendor. I think Baidu should start to provide this.

xywcloud

From X-Sec Antivirus
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Aug 8, 2013
Exactly. Antivirus softwares should not be uninstalled with a third party uninstaller. Only use the Control panel or the removal utility provided by the vendor. I think Baidu should start to provide this.
Thank you for your advice~
We will consider about it.;)

S

Sr. Normal

Will have to see if windows firewall with added or it his own.

I believe that include firewall is a success and will climb several steps to Badiu

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.