Banking Protection/Browser in Security Software

• Thread starter Deleted member 2913
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
If you do online banking, shopping, etc...

Do you give importance to these Banking Protection/Browser in buying a security software or you think these are just marketing tactics or bloats or not needed or may provide additional protection but not required, etc...?

H

hjlbx

Thread author
If you do online banking, shopping, etc...

Do you give importance to these Banking Protection/Browser in buying a security software or you think these are just marketing tactics or bloats or not needed or may provide additional protection but not required, etc...?

I think they are important; additional layer of protection.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Yes if you can afford to download then why not, some unusual websites possess fake certificates to lure you online from their transactions. Still a user choice if he/she can manage to shop safely and securely in traditional way.

superboy123

Level 4
Verified
May 1, 2012
What special banking protection?? Because i think in browser like chrome have same protection like that....

P/s: sorry for my english if do not understand

Reactions: tonibalas

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
They provide an extra layer of security, with an isolated environment from all other running software on your PC. However, it's been reported that Security vendors have used modified versions of Chromium, and disabled important security features (most have fixed this). Always make sure you're running the latest version, by updating your security software (integrated components).

In my opinion, I don't see it necessary for some types of PC users.

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
And Norton dont have it:p
Well,according to them they do via their toolbar,but I'm not so sure!
Online Identity Theft Protection | How To Use Norton Toolbar

Have a look here:
https://www.mrg-effitas.com/wp-cont...itas-Online-Banking-Certification-Q3-2015.pdf

ghilolvwxqlkbnwyfgzgmqhbhiulnjxjdjctxfrvwzwvlhmemfgqsvppagdfrjjntcgrkdbzodjnulqawpzhdgqiunsqcldmqjcj

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.