App Review [Battle Test] Avira Free Antivirus BETA vs Baidu Antivirus BETA

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
M

Manzai

Thread author
INFO : In run, Avira was disabled because I tested the behavior detection + cloud of Avira

MikeV

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 9, 2013
So what if the umbrella is closed? All files that detected by the signatures have been deleted. From this point and after the behavior blocker and the cloud will take over to handle unknown malware. I strongly believe that even with the umbrella open, the result would be the same (that's of course my personal opinion)

M

Manzai

Thread author
I don't get it. If the realtime protection is disabled, how will the behavior blocker work ?

0e29f8e1a8742c2249f66e24e057f777.png

Avira block key of register

Reactions: Koroke San

MikeV

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 9, 2013
Of course it will work.Even in Qihoo, when i disable the real time protection the proactive defense is active
.If you see in the video in 4:43 the registry protection is still active......

M

Manzai

Thread author
You should take a look at Avira's settings. Registry protection of Avira comes under General setting.

AntiVir-Personal-Edition_20.png

whereas the Heuristric protection comes under Realtime protection and System Scanner.

mVaWXnA.png

So how do you explain Avira blocked action in registry disabled ? :D

Reactions: Koroke San

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.