bbbbweb's Config | Updated 14/06/2012

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Your PC must be speedy. How do you like the Metro Start?

Btw, do you have "C:\windows\expstart.exe" in that location or is that just me?

V

Vextor

Thread author
Earth said:
Your PC must be speedy. How do you like the Metro Start?

Btw, do you have "C:\windows\expstart.exe" in that location or is that just me?

It's super fast. I love Metro Start, I can't believe the hate on it.

Also, I don't have that in the directory you mentioned.

mikey

Nov 29, 2011
I've removed every piece of security...

I can understand removing any signature scanners. We did that in 02 and, except for alpha/beta testing for friends/devs, we haven't had any onboard since.

FPs and faulty removal routines can and often do cripple innocent components. I think it is sad that so many still periodically rip the guts out of their system while usually using multiple scanners and without even a clue to what items they are removing. Then these same folks wonder why their system and applications fail to function properly after they have been ripped apart by various scanners.

However, even if you don't maintain any sensitive material or transfer, I can't understand why you wouldn't want to maintain control of your environment. Personally, I could not tolerate looking at the net without all the filtering in place. yuk

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
bbbbweb said:
I've removed every piece of security, because I trust myself to keep the machine safe, and I have the virus knowledge to removed any infections I receive.

I assume you still wear a seat belt in a car even if the driver has many years of driving experience and if he/she is driving slow and safe along the road?

So, Do you have any image backups made? Important data backed up on a USB or EXHDD? I also don't feel the need to run an AV or full security suite, have HIPS/BB's etc but still I take the precautions just "incase".

All my data is backed up on 2 separate TrueCrypt EXHDD's.

If I do happen to get infected (rare chance), It takes no more then 5 mins to do a system image restore and the infection is completely gone. :)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I'd assume with Windows Defender disabled, Windows SmartScreen may still be active?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.