Basic Security BearHug's Security Configuration [2018]

BugCode

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jan 9, 2017
Thanks for sharing your config buddy! In real-time protection that KAR is most likely "useless" what it has been tested here and there alltrouhgt it got huge honor some testing lab scenarios. Oh well, just put sandboxie your browser your good to go, just remember to make it default delete contest when last window closed.

Otherwise all good.

BearHug

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 9, 2017
BugCode said:
Thanks for sharing your config buddy! In real-time protection that KAR is most likely "useless" what it has been tested here and there alltrouhgt it got huge honor some testing lab scenarios. Oh well, just put sandboxie your browser your good to go, just remember to make it default delete contest when last window closed.

Otherwise all good.
I cannot pay for Sandboxie

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017

Otherwise all good.
@Evjl's Rain is testing KAR in Malware Samples and it's not useless. With active Internet connection, it's working perfectly fine.. Avast however, not so good against Ransomware, so @BearHug has a valid concern running KAR alongside with Avast.
nobody sane or knowledgeable cares about the testing labs.

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
hello, I suggest you to try out "Popop blocker (strict)" to replace your current popup blocker
I found it a lot stronger than the others

everything else seems to be OK for me

Last edited:
Reactions: BearHug and AtlBo

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
Great config. If you get adventurous you could add NoVirusThanks Exe Radar Pro (NVT ERP) or Voodoo Shield free for a close look at the command lines programs use and tight control there. Avast should have you covered though. AppCheck Anti-Ransomware is good if you find yourself looking for a replacement for Kaspersky A/R. Think there is a giveaway ongoing for HMP if you think you would like a boost to real time monitoring.

BearHug

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 9, 2017
Update:- Removed Vivaldi and added IceDragon. Re-added Last Pass but didn't removed KeePass. Removed KAR as Avast has a Ransomware Shield!

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.