Battle Best firewall for basic and medium user ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmmory

Level 2
Verified
Nov 4, 2013
Windows firewall is absolutely the best, not only for basic, but for every home user. You don't need the added weight and bloat from other firewalls because hardware firewalls which happen to be on our routers are more than enough to provide extra protection. Windows 7 and 8's built in firewall is more than enough in most cases, and with advanced security settings, it provides even better protection than some 3rd party firewalls with zero system impact.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
When I'd first joined, among the first rewards from MalwareTips came to me in the form of both staff & members explaining to me how our XP system, prior to it's recent forced retirement, lacked the needed protection it's aging firewall had been designed to provide. Thankfully, this was not the case for either of our 2 newer computers each with Windows 7 & 8, for they are armed with 'more than enough protection' which still rings true to this day!:cool: Each of the Firewalls listed above (including Comodo, considered a choice for advanced users for it's "Tweek-ability") I had considered for our needful XP. I chose PrivateFirewall (free), originally my second choice after Online Armor which was not free at that time. I am very satisfied with Windows Firewalls, at present, on both 7 & 8, and shall remain so until I find myself (perhaps years from now) pondering once more what would best replace myo_O older Windows Firewall as the latest mainstream Systems, Windows 9 or 10 in the future, will be taking the places of our newer systems of today.:rolleyes:
Update: I just came from a thread http://malwaretips.com/threads/help-with-comodo-firewall-uninstall.25910/ and now highly advise against choosing Comodo Firewall unless, having studied very closely the available user reviews & member experiences here, you can proceed knowing what can be expected. Thanks, & good luck!;)

Last edited:
Reactions: LAGUN
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.