Troubleshoot Looking for the most secure router

F

ForgottenSeer 55474

I have a Technicolor Modem,
I am not a techie,
but it is pretty good so far,
my ISP STOFA
is very good at updating Firmware as soon as it becomes available.
I use Torguard(big package with add-ons,
so I can watch US Netflix and be secure online)

Upvote 0

Digerati

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Mar 2, 2017
Indian model DSL-2750U, D-link (Indian) just upload new 'rogue' 'arrogant' firmwares on site as recommended to update, with absolutely no explanation, changes, less features, as well as very buggy, my $40 Router above model got entirely ruined by updating firmware as they suggest 2 years ago.
I don't know what you are trying to tell me there, but again D-Link does not care. And who is "they"?

You did not say where this router came from. As I noted above,
Either that specific D-Link is defective, or it is an ISP provided router that they modified. I suspect the latter.
In other words, you need to be blaming your ISP, not D-Link. The manual for your router clearly indicates updating the firmware is a manual process. The manual also clearly shows how you can manually select your own DNS service provider, go with your ISP's, or even use D-Links.

So again, if you cannot manually make these changes, it is because that router is defective, or more likely, has been modified and provided by your ISP. So again, don't blame D-Link.

Also, you say it was 2 years ago. I note D-Link India has released two firmware updates since then, one in Jan 2017 and another as recently as October 2017, as seen here.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.