Binary?

Retality

Level 1
Thread author
May 14, 2017
Hey, it's me again!

So right now, I'm about to move onto a higher level College Course for Computer Science. Now, I don't believe I'll be going over binary again in the next course, so I thought of a method to refresh my brain; teaching myself.

I'd like people with knowledge on 'bit's' & 'byte's' to correct me if I'm wrong. And yes, if you don't know anything about binary; bit's and byte's are the standing stones of binary.

So here's a little write up I made:

cwzicf.PNG

Winter Soldier

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
Please, tell me what means, i can't read that sort of stuff.:)

Just ignore me, i didn't read it properly but googled @Winter Soldier oldiers reply and i will just agree with him, lol.
Well, I remember this topic as a big headache during my school's years :D

In short, the characters stored in the computer are encoded according to a code that corresponds to each letter in a series of 0 and 1 (the only 2 values that the computer can recognize), and the binary code associates a certain number to a certain letter.
The ASCII code (american standard code for information interchange) is the most known.
At the end, to translate a file in binary format you should have the code table and the file in binary number format, take a group of numbers: 8, 16, 32 (depending on the code ASCII standard or extended) and see which character you match.

The computer, of course can do it faster :D

NickCiske.com | Binary - it's digitalicious!

So the result of my previous post was: "interesting".

lab34

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Mar 28, 2017

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013

ElectricSheep

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 31, 2014
Another old thread... opps!:p
░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤

Remember all the ASCII art?:cool::cool::cool:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.