Bio Station Alpha on Mars (video)

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Bio Station Alpha on Mars. The latest discovery by David Martines. Original Video
Discovered by David Martines 2011.
This could be the most important discovery on Mars yet! This structure is 700' x 150', and is colored white with blue and red stripes against the red Martian soil. This is not a rock or mountain. It is a manufactured structure. This is not something that I created, this is something that is currently on Google Mars. NASA wont talk to me about it. I've sent them a few emails, and no reply. Go see for yourself. The coordinates are: 71 49'19.73"N 29 33'06.53"W

What do you think?

Last edited by a moderator:

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
I think it's nothing...

The problem is the resolution, and the image processing. I used to know the scale of how much area a single pixel represents in Mars aerial photographs, but I can't remember anymore. 5 or 10 feet or something... Anyway, it's large enough that you really can't discern any meaningful detail if you really zoom in because, oddly enough, everything appears squared off and pixelated. In other words, natural sloping contours look squared off and artificial. :rolleyes:

Take the famous mars face image for example. Looks like a fairly convincing face. NASA knew it was nothing because they understood the resolution issue, (back when the original photos were taken, the resolution was much lower than todays images) but due to popular demand, did a special flyover with higher resolution cameras. Definitely not a face...

Plus, there are numerous anomalies introduced by image processing. Obviously the data is sent from quite far away at pretty low power. There is a lot of noise introduced in the transmissions. These manifest as either spurious artifacts or even missing data. (empty pixels) The image processing application tries to intelligently recreate the landscape by comparing the nearest pixels to the problem area, and fills in the area with its best approximation of what should be there. The end result can be some very artificial looking features that people get all excited about...

It's a bit like all those 'structures' under the ocean and various bodies of water that people discovered using Google Earth. Some are saying Atlantis has been discovered. Google themselves said they are just artifacts of the way the data is stitched together from sonar scans.

But hey, I'll bet Google is as good as NASA at covering up a good conspiracy! ;)

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011

What happen with the original video which had +1.000.000 views?
I don't believe in conspiracy stories ...and I don't believe in aliens..People have a wild imagination and will always manage to see what they want to see. :dodgy:

BTW another youtube user has discovered a Ski Station :locomotive:

What will I retain from all this : A new Google Service : http://www.google.com/mars/

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.