BitDefender and Chrome, help required

Status
Not open for further replies.

superboy123

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
May 1, 2012
hello friend,i want to ask you for bitdefender user....i want ask about toolbar....why my google chrome doesn't show a toolbar and doesnot protect my browser....please help me???i using bitdefender total security 2013

Malware Maniac

Level 1
May 14, 2012
If you are talking about the drop down toolbar for their trafficlight then that updated. http://malwaretips.com/Thread-Trafficlight?pid=72250#pid72250

grimreaper1014

Level 3
Jul 9, 2011
If you are still looking for an answer to this question I believe the toolbar you are talking about is the one under the privacy tab in Bitdefnder. Click on the little wheel to the right of privacy in Bitdefender, and turn on the toolbar which will be the first option.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
TrafficLight in BD and Standalone are different aren't they?

Did you check the BD folder in the Program Files for any (.crx) files and drag'n'drop it into chrome://chrome/extensions/ .

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
ApuP9.png

These were the Default settings in mine.

grimreaper1014 said:
If you are still looking for an answer to this question I believe the toolbar you are talking about is the one under the privacy tab in Bitdefnder. Click on the little wheel to the right of privacy in Bitdefender, and turn on the toolbar which will be the first option.

superboy123

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
May 1, 2012
grimreaper1014 said:

I turn it on but it no work....nothing toolbars on my chrome....

Sorry for my bad english.....

superboy123

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
May 1, 2012
Help me...i was contact technical from bitdefender but it does not work....what should i do...????anybody have same problem,like me....???

N

Nige_40

Earth said:
TrafficLight in BD and Standalone are different aren't they?

Did you check the BD folder in the Program Files for any (.crx) files and drag'n'drop it into chrome://chrome/extensions/ .

BD TrafficLight is more up to date than the Standalone version under Extensions.

The Extension version that is behind BD on what I have noticed.

The Standalone version in Internet Explorer 9 is more like BD. and that is updated daily, but the extension version of Trafficlight is hardly updated.

Just my info for the topic.

Mantracker。

Jan 14, 2013
superboy123 said:
Help me...i was contact technical from bitdefender but it does not work....what should i do...????anybody have same problem,like me....???

You don't need to worry at all, even if there's no toolbar, your browser is still protected. Since the traffic scanning is still working.
And check the privacy tab again ,it will show up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.