Bitdefender Anti-CryptoWall

Status
Not open for further replies.

2!<15

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jan 4, 2015
Cryptolocker and its public-private key encryption mechanism has become a huge financial success for its creators. Its high turnaround prompted other cybercriminal entites to write copycats that use much more sophisticated spreading and encryption algorithms. Some of the most notorious families of ransomware now wreaking havoc include Cryptowall, Citroni and TorLocker. Android users were also massively targeted by ransomware throughout 2014.

er.jpg

We have now developed a vaccine that allows users to immunize their computers and block any file encryption attempts, even if they become infected with CryptoWall, one of the most powerful clones of the Cryptolocker malware. As usual, we advise customers to run a fully dedicated Internet Security solution such as those provided by Bitdefender to protect against all threats. The CryptoWall Immunizer is only effective in protecting systems that may get infected with versions one and two of the Cryptowall ransomware.

bd acw1.jpg

While we are making all efforts to update the tool as soon as CryptoWall is modified, we recommend that you keep your antivirus solution always on and use this tool as an additional layer of protection.

bd acw2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
It requires no installation, remember to store the downloaded file in a safe location.

1 False Positive (VT)

upload_2015-1-20_14-44-13.png
upload_2015-1-20_14-59-54.png

When set to Run on Windows Start-Up, it will add itself to Task Scheduler to run from it's current location. This is why I suggest creating a dedicated folder for this application.

upload_2015-1-20_14-47-55.png

Immunization is disabled by default, but Protection against CryptoWall is enabled. Enabling Immunization takes approx. 10 seconds to process. CPU: Intel Core i7-4700HQ (using, High Performance power plan).

upload_2015-1-20_14-51-21.png

Details about application is included in the program.

upload_2015-1-20_14-43-35.png

Finally you can set it to run minimised in the system tray, out of the way.

upload_2015-1-20_14-56-14.png

Resource usage, as such from Task Manager and Process Explorer.

Private Working Set: ~12,000 K

Private Bytes: ~14,000 K
Working Set: ~29,000 K

Very low CPU usage: 0.00 (idle)

@Umbra Polaris Which memory usage stats should I have posted?

darko999

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2014
Is this compatible with any antivirus such as Qihoo, ESET, and others? Also is it free?

Yes it is free, and it is compatible with ESET at least, since I have used it alongside with no issues. Make proper exclusion in your AV if possible, that helps a lot.

Bitan1990

Level 1
Verified
Oct 19, 2015
Compatible with Trustport Internet security and Avast free antivirus as I have used it with both of those antivirus/internet security with out any problem .

R

Ray Redbad

"The CryptoWall Immunizer is only effective in protecting systems that may get infected with the latest version of Cryptowall ransomware, version 4.0."

D

Deleted Member 333v73x

Is this compatible with Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit because I have purchased the Premium version and I don't want to waste it, thank you in advance :)

D

Deleted Member 333v73x

What does immunisation do, do I need it and should I turn it on?

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@Anti-Malware Reviewer: The immunization of Bitdefender's Anti Cryptowall basically hardens and limit any drop of points of encrypted when a ransomware activated through memory. In default there's nothing wrong to activated however in such practical outview, it depends if you are been downloading that file accidentally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.